Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello.

Hi everyone, I haven't been on for a few days because we have had a hard time with Hollie. Today has been a lot better so i am hoping we are over the worst and these teeth will come through soon. But sorry if i have not answered any of you on some posts, i will try and catch up later.

How are you all, and what have you all been up to? It is horrible here, really wet and windy so we have been in most of the day.

Look forward to catching up with you all.

Karen xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Karen,
    Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a time of it lately.
    It will improve soon.
    Hope Hollie gives you a bit of a break soon.

We've been in all day to, though thats the norm for the next few weeks anyway.
    Had my best friend and her baby over for lunch, so that was nice.
    What do you have planned for he weekend?
  • Options
    Hi Lucy and Boo.

Thanks Boo that does make me feel better, i can see the two bottom teeth and certainly feel them so i am hoping they will be through soon. And i am also hoping that we will have a short break before the next teeth come through. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lucy, I'm glad you had a good day. How are you getting on after your op? This weekend is going to be busy. It is my nephew Dante's 2nd birthday on monday so he is having a party at my parents house tomorrow. I am not sure if we are heading down for that, as when we went to my other nephew's party on december, Hollie screamed the whole time. So we will see how she is first. But sunday we are going down because it is my sisters 15th birthday and also mothers day of course. So my mam is cooking her a meal. How about you any plans?
  • Options
    Hi All

Same here,rainy and v.windy,horrible.
    Karen sorry to hear about hollie,hope thing improve soon,while i had chan she was teething real bad,My brother said just recently she got here 1st and last wk her 2nd tooth.Hang in there it will happen,have you tryed calpol night,it did the trick with chan.

xx
  • Options
    No nothing special planned.
    Going to be a quiet one. I'm doing well thanks.
    Still cant drive which is really frustrating, and still cant pick Katelin up for a cuddle. But on a good note, still cant get the hoover out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dante is a great name.
  • Options
    Emma i haven't tried calpol night but have tried calpol and dentinox. But the thing that seems to soothe her gums is sucking cold melon and mine or Ian's finger lol.

Lucy you will have to give katelin the biggest hug when you are able to. I got the hoover out and hoovered the whole house earlier because it sent Hollie to sleep lol. My brother chose the name Dante he is called Dante shannon, one's after a guitarist or something that died and the other is a character from a playstation game, men hey?!!
  • Options
    My mum is over again this wk end so should be able to go shopping with oh on our own.Not sure for the rest of the wk end.

Lucy i hated not being able to cuddle riley after my op,i bet its harder with katelin as shes not quite sure whats wrong with you.You will be able to soon enought.
  • Options
    Emma i envy you, i would love to leave Hollie with someone for a few hours. I know that sounds really bad, but after being glued to me constantly for the last few days i would love a break. Even just to spend time with Ian for an hour.
  • Options
    Emma, is your mum bringing Chan with her?
    You're right it is hard as she dose'nt understand but she's adapted quite well. When she says 'mummy cuddle'we both sit on the floor and hug. Its not the same but like Karen says once I'm fully healed i can make up for it then with HUGE HUGS!!!!

Karen, Katelin never really suffered from teething but she develpoed her own way of dealing with the feeling. She used to suck on a cold wet flannel. I think it felt nice and cool on her gums and gave her something to bite down on and chew.(saves sore fingers).
    And it dose'nt sound bad that you need a bit of time out Karen. Having a little break (however small) now and then does you both good.
  • Options
    You shouldnt feel bad hun,everyone needs a break every now and then.When riley just turned 1 me and adi left him with adis mum for 4days while we went away,i felt so guilty but knew we both needed the break after the year we had had.

Im am quite lucky to have mil close by so i can always ask her if she not busy,otherwise my mums here most wk end so we do get a few hrs together.

You should plan some time together,do you have someone that would watch hollie for a few hrs.
  • Options
    Hi Girls

we've had a quiet day as gillaN amber and i ren't too great although i now think i'm just off colour and ambers teething so its hopefullt not gillans bug!

Karen, sorry you've had a rough couple of days, hope Hollies more settled for you now.
  • Options
    hiya Karen, glad to see hollies better. I alternate between giving luka calpol and calprofen (parecetamol/ibuprofen) if they are ever really ill or have bad temperature you don't have to wait 4hrs inbetween as they are different medications. The doc told me that I never knew before!! Im sure as she starts to be weaned she may take a cup and you will find she will want less breastmilk and you can have a bit more of a break. Its not at all selfish to want one. You deserve it and we all feel like that!
  • Options
    Hi all! Trying to catch up as I too have hardkly been on but the good news is.... The invites are finished and been handed over!!!
    Caroline, watch out, I have been asked to come to Lincolnshire on the day of the wedding!!! Aaargghh! she wants me to oversee the tables and act as co-ordinator AND PAY ME!! Wow! I'm so chuffed!

Karen, sorry to hear you have had a rough few days, I hope that Hollie is much more herself now, Take care x x
  • Options
    Hi Karen, sorry to hear youve been having a hard few days. i had the same last week with tara, she had sickness and diahorrea and was teething, so was clung to me all week!! it was a nightmare week,purely because, she wouldnt go to anyone else, and i couldnt leave her sight, poor thing!!

and dont feel bad for wanting a break. i badly needed one, and my hubby could tell, so when he got paid, he took me out the other night for a bite to eat and just a bit of time away from the house. i felt very refreshed. you really ought to see if you can do something similar.

hope hollies teeth push through soon for you, and she soon perks up.
    take care hun
    kas xx
  • Options
    Hi Karen hope the rest of your day went a little better.

Wow Emj,thats a great offer,and congrats on finnishing the invites.
  • Options
    Well looks like she may have caught up on her sleep as she just slept and fed this afternoon. She is asleep in her cot now. I am just hoping she doesn't decide later she has had enough sleep and wake up.

Lucy a cold flannel sounds good i bet she would love to chomp away on that as she loves chewing on a muslin square.

Emma, no my parents both work full time and Ian doesn't see his mum so there is nobody to take her off our hands for a bit. But she is a lot better at night than she used to be so we do get a few hours in the evening together.

Tash hope you are all better soon, and amber doesn't suffer too much with teething.

Boo enjoy your weekend, sounds like you will anyway.

Nicola thanks. We have alternated between medication when she was really ill with a cold. At the moment dentinox seems to be helping and she can have it every 20mins if she needs it. I would rather not use calpol and calprofen if possible as it makes her sleepy and she doesnt feed as well.

Em, glad the invites are sorted and that is great they are offering you more work. Hope you enjoy it.

Kas, Hollie has been clingy too, but prefers to be with me than Ian when she isnt well. Ian and i went out for a meal yesterday and Hollie slept a bit so we had a bit of a break. It was nice and as you said got me out of the house.
  • Options
    Ha ha that post looks weird as i have addressed you all seperately.
  • Options
    Hehe! just had a giggle at reading it,sounds like you did it in one long breath.lol

It is nice to hear she sleeps well so you do get some time together.
  • Options
    Hi Karen,

Hope your evening is going well and Hollie is sleeping well so that you and Ian can have a evening together.

x