Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Another gutted!!!:(

Sorry to post once again girls with un-happy news..................
My mum told me on the phone today that my eldest sister(32) had a really abnormal smear test a few weeks ago(I had no idea). She went into hospital to be "cleaned out" on monday/tuesday(again I had no idea) the surgeon had to take huge sections and one really large chunk of her out for biopsy. but he said it looks very much like cancer judging by the colour/size amount etc and that he couldnt get it all , she will get the full results in two weeks and she will most probably need a hysterectomy and radio/chemo.
Again I am not supposed to know, she swore my mum to secrecy but I finally got it out of her as she was so upset.

Oh hell of a week this is turning out to be..first Nanny passes away from cancer and now I find out my sister could probably have cancer...............oh my fucking god, my poor sister, I cant even call her to see if she is ok cos I am not supposed to know. CRY, CRY, CRY image

Again sorry for this post, without having you ladies to waffel too I think I would loose the plot.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    awww sweetie, life is crap for you at the moment, cant say anything except huge hugs and you know where we are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Oh babs, I am so so sorry for how much life is throwing at you this week. I really hope your sisters biopsy comes back clear, hug hugs hun, here's hoping there is some really positive news right around the corner to help balance this all out.

xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    So sorry, thinking of you and your sister.xxxx
  • Options
    I am so sorry, what a week, thinking of you and your sister big hugs (((()))) vikki xx
  • Options
    hiya...what a friggin week you are having!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar thing happen when my first 2 were small. it was Xmas time as I remember coming from the hospital and straight to a christingle mass for lauren. It must have been about 1995. I had to go to the hospital and have a cone bioposy! All was clear. They lasered the bits they could see and took the bioposy to check it out. I had to get 6 monthly smears for 3 years but luckily I was OK.

Just wanted you to know that it can be a positive outcome! If its cancer then they have caught it early and a hysterectomy would be the last resort if she wants kids (or more kids)

fingers crossed her and (((((hugs)))))) to you

Not a great run up to Christmas for you all

d xxxx
  • Options
    oh hun
    awful knews but the thing to remember is theres hope. i have everything crossed for you babe xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Just wanted to add, like lolly says, there is always hope, 2 years ago when Phil had his first fit, after the ct scan we were told he had 2 lesions (tumours) on his brain and they suspected cancer, after several weeks of being back and forward to the hospital with yet more scans and differing opinions the biopsy showed it was benign although the consultant thought they may not have got a good enough sample, 3 months later another mri showed the tumours had progressed and we were basically told he would die, they did another biopsy to determine what would be the best course of action (ie chemo or radiotherapy) but we were told all this would do was buy him time, after an agonising 2 weeks waiting for the results of the biopsy it showed that they were definitely benign and the only suggestion was that the first scan was not accurate, 2 years down the line, he has regular scans and we have just had the results of the latest one which shows no changes, there is always hope even when things seem bleak. Sending you loads of hugs and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers xxx
  • Options
    sending you big hugs and thinking of you all at this difficult time

• Options
    Aww thanks girls, yep its been so crap, I hope nothing else can happen.
    I spoke to my sister last night but she didnt mention a thing(of course I cant say I know), it must be so tough for her, she has only told my mum, I wish I could let her know i am here for her but dont want to upset her.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good result, this time last year she was having a mammory scan due to a lump in her breast....whatever will she have to go through next? Is this the next thing to come...her having cancer? oh god I bloody hope not!
    Sorry I really must stay possitve but its so hard what with everything else.

Thanks again for your messages, as I said I think I would go crazy without you girls at the mo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    hi
    tell me if its a stupid idea but could you ring ur sis and say that something seems up with her, tell her you dont know what it is and you dont need to know but that you are there for her when n if she needs you and then say it could just be ur preggo hormones making you crazy!!! that way she knows ur concerned and that she can come to you for support but doesnt have to tell you. i think her problem is saying these things out loud makes it too real, i couldnt vocalise to mum what had happend to baby, just gave her an info sheet n went to bed, i havent spoken to her about it she knows whats happening and i know shes here for me but having her hold me n try to comfort me will make it all real and i'll cry. i cant cry right now i have to get through the ops n stay normal for the babys. i talk through gritted teeth literally to stop it all coming out, i will fall to bits but when im ready and maybe thats just how ur sister is feeling?

anyway hun ive got everything crossed for you and her

xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    oh hunnie what a bad time you are having at the moment. I have my fingers tightly crossed for your sister, I really do. ((((big hugs)))) xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls,
    Lolly, I havent actually seen my sister for 6 months!! so cant really tell if she looks ok, my mum says not only has she lost alot of weight( she was only 8stone before) but she is so pale and dark circles round her eyes. She is a single mum, still working as she has just moved into a new house, and mum says she is worried sick about money, her son and of course the results.

I cannot say anything to my sis as it would show mums broke her confidence, its hard enough getting sis to talk at the best of times.

I feel helpless but also hope that she will tell me when she is good and ready. I cannot tell you how brave I think she is cos words just dont describe it, I only wish she wouldnt shut down if I was to ask her but unfortunatly she would.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    God Babs you are having a bad time of it!
    Thinking of you hun and keeping everything crossed for your sister. As the girls have said, there is always hope x x x x x