Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

lap belt car seats

Hi girls
Does anyone know of a car seat that can be secured by a lap belt?

xxDBxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,
    I went into mothercare the other week tio find the nxt seat up for Charlie as Livs will be moving to hers soon. I noticed Britax do one from birth to 4 years that can be used in a lap belt and I think mothercare have their own brand seat that does the same job. Didnt even realise they still did car seats like it as most have 3 point in every seat. Its great they still do tho! Can't remember prices or anything as I was looking at highback boosters, but go on there website and have a look hun x x x
  • Options
    Just had a look and Britax do two. The 'prince 'from 9 months to 4 years. And the 'eclipse' from birth.
  • Options
    Yeh we have the britax eclipse its a nice seat comfy with good side impact head protection & reclines. lo loves it, her head never flops either when she falls asleep.

HTH.

KJ.xx
  • Options
    hi. i have the britax renaissance for archie and is lap belt compatible. we have a ford galaxy and the middle seat belt is lap all the others are proper ones , but i am glad we have a car chair that fits a lap belt. xx
  • Options
    Girls as always you are fab and i dont know what id do without you.

My Sintra has all 3 point seatbelts and 99% of the time we will be in that but its been in garage since friday so using dh car which has lap belt in centre, had to put baby in front but was thinking ahead to no 4 if it ever happens, I like to plan ahead.

thanks again have looked at the brittax site but for some reason my security measures on laptop dont like it so gonna look at work tomorrow.

xxDBxx
  • Options
    Wow, Pen we have a rennaissance and I never knew it went in the middle with a lap belt!! You learn something new everyday!! x
  • Options
    yeha it does. it is good as you can use the seat belt tensioner and this really secures it tight as can be, in fact i find that the car chair fits better with the lap belt tan with a 3 point belt, it just seems more secure and doesn't seem to move. xx
  • Options
    Thank you for letting me know hun, its useful to know! Its rock solid that seat isnt it, doesnt move at all. Nxt best thing to an isofix by far, the tensioner thingy is great!
    God I must sound sad getting excited over my los car seat! x
  • Options
    We have the renaissance too and I never knew that either! Hubby's car has a middle lap belt so I'll get that car seat cleaned up and stick it in the middle of his car. It's a pain moving Gracie's car seat every time we go in his car. Thanks pen!