Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Double Buggy Advice

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're enjoying the weather - I DID NOT enjoy the school run this morning!!

Just wondered if any of you could give me any advice about getting a new double buggy.

I had a side by side maclaren one when i had my 2nd, and it did alright for when my 3rd came along, but its looking decidedly ropey now and one set of wheels is worn right down from always having the bigger child in that side!!

DD2 will be nearly 2 1/2 when the latest addition arrives, and although she likes to walk, she still gets tired after a while and needs to get in the pushchair. Did think about a buggy board, but she obviously wont be able to sleep on that (although she would probably give it a good try knowing her!!)

I did like the side by side one, especially for walking long distances, but found it difficult getting through some doors, and going round shops, and I've heard that tandem ones can be very heavy.

Final thoughts are to get a Phil and Ted's so I can use it just for the baby, and add the other seat when DD2 needs a ride.

God, I'm rambling - I used to be quite a decisive person in the olden days, but I struggle with everything at the moment!! (Not sure if its pregnancy brain, or just my age!!)

Any advice/opinions would be very gratefully received!

FXO
XXX
30 weeks today!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi, Alice was 21/2 when Isaac arrived, we had a phil and teds and I absolutely loved it, wouldnt have been without it for the world, what I loved about it was that it was light and easy to push, no wider or longer than a single buggy and the fact that you could use it as a single buggy when you dont need it in double mode.
  • Options
    I have to agree with Hayley on the Phil and Teds! I love my pushchair so much!!! I've had it 5 years and I still would'nt be without it! x
  • Options
    G/c! I dont have a PnT as we only ahve 1 at the mo! We did look into it but decided we didnt need it if only have one.

I do have a 3 wheeler multi terrain one and I can say the wheels are perfect for uneven ground and snow. They were the only ones I saw today! It is so light weight and I literally hold it and wlak, no pushing. I beleive the PnT is the same. My hubby thinks lo will be fine on a buggy board and we wont need a tandam if we conieve no 2 in the new yr. i can assure you I dont fancy a whinging toddler on a buggy board whilst out shopping!
  • Options
    Joey we got our Phil and Teds b4 we'd even had our first!! lol!! We both thought the idea of having two on there was just too good to ignore!!! When number 2 came along, all we had to shell out for was the second seat, happy days!!! x x x
  • Options
    SnS - hubby was only a studentb at the time so we didnt want to pay double if we didnt need it. Thigsn are slightly different now image
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies. have decided to go for the Phil and Teds, but as usual have left it too late!!
    Cheapest I can find one with doubles kit, cocoon and storm cover is Kiddicare, but they are out of stock until the 18th Feb. Baby is due ob 26th, so not sure I can risk leaving it!!
    Anyone know of any other reputable sites I could get one from?

XXX
  • Options
    Dont know of any other sites but keep an eye on the kiddicare website as they may get some more in or put some of the others on to offer, we are lucky as we only live about 15 miles from Peterborough so we go to the shop, often they have stuff in the shop that isnt on the website.
  • Options
    Toys R Us seem to have some good offers on Phil and Teds at the moment - think they can do it (sport, doubles kit and storm cover) for just under ??380 including a newborn cocoon - just checked Kiddicare and there offer is ??389 as far as I can see. Toys R Us has free delivery if you spend ??50.

I wouldn't have have expected somewhere so 'high street' to have such a good deal, but someone recommended it to me.