Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

after having large family (tmi - but need to ask... sorry)

Okay so babe is two weeks old and I am uh concerned I may have a prolapse or something.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

My cervix is really low, and still very swollen, about twice normal size, and about an inch, inch and a half from well the exit. sorry tmi.

and things just feel a bit saggy... uh in there. oh gosh the humiliation you can only experience with having children. I know it's early days and I expect part of this has to do with babe being so big in comparison to me, I'm 5' nothing and typically weigh about 8 stone so 10lbs 13 onz was a big one for me. I asked the midwife at day 10, and she brushed me off saying let yourself heal, give your body time. I know she's right but I have this feeling something isn't right.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,
    I don't really have any advice or experiance but didn't want to read and run.
    She is right, you will heal in time but if you are worried you could get a GP appointment to put your mind at rest or mention it at your 6 week check up. It does sound to me like it could be a prolapse. I know you said you could feel him through the wall of your vj when you were pregnant so it wouldn't surprise me. Don't worry if it is, they can defiantly fix you. In the mean time just keep up with the pelvic floor excersises as much as you can hun x x x x
  • Options
    My midwife really kept nagging me about giving myself time to heal but make sure I do my pelvic floor so I dont get a prolapse or bladder weakness.

I must admit I felt so swollen and out of shape "down below" for about 3 and half weeks after baby "B" was born, I really forged ahead and did my 10 sets of 10 plevic floors every day even though it felt like nothing was happening! Now 9 weeks on its all back in place and hubby says "as tight as ever" lol...not totally sure how kind he is being there lol!!!!!!!

I would leave either ask your midwife again just to make sure all is fine or if you can wait then ask your gp at the 6 week check. Try not to worry though hun, I never thought my "fanny"( so sorry lol) would ever go back to normal but it has lol!!!
  • Options
    hi hun, mw is right do let yourself heal, g.p can see you but will probably avoid doing examinations due to the risk of infection. but saaying all of that, it's your body and if you think something isn't right then speak to dr xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    after charlie who was my 4th, i could not even do the pelvic floor exercises for about 3 weeks as I could not feel enough to do them.

However, saying that, if you are worried you should see your GP. Mymum had this after my brother who was her 4th. She had to get it stitched up. It was a quick op and I am sure now, 25 yrs on its even quicker

d x