Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

gutted o/t

hi girls, just need a little moan and a good cry,

yesterday I unfortunatly had to take my beloved dog to the vets to be put to sleep, she had what they think was a tumour in her brain which was causing pressure and for her behavoiur to be really erratic and unpredictable.

My darling dog was 11 yrs old and ive had her for 9yrs,.....I am so gutted.

I could have selfishly kept her going on meds BUT i really didnt want her to suffer and so had to make the descision before it started to cause her pain. and so I took her...omg its so hard.

Sorry if this ruins anyones day with me writing this and I hope you didnt mind me putting it here as it is so o/t.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    awww poor you. Someone famous once said( cant remember who) that you can tell a persons character by how they treat their dog. You are obviously a very caring person,. I too would not let our dog suffer should she fall ill. You did the right thing.
    You should buy a pot and plant a potted tree ( i know youare thinking of moving so you dont want to plant one in the garden) and this can be in memory of your dog.

d xx
  • Options
    Oh hun, I'm so very sorry image
    Dee Dee is right, you definitely did the right thing hun. I think the tree idea is lovely too! If you have her cremated you could even scatter her ashes in the pot?
    Take care hun, I know how awful it is when they die. I even cried when my MIL's dog died image x x x
  • Options
    Thanks girls,

Yesterday was just awful, I had to move her bed, bowls etc, it was rather lonely without her as she used to come everywhere with me. As huge as she was she never got in my way lol!!!!

I really love the idea of a tree in a pot, thankyou, so yes I think a trip to the garden center with the kids at some point so they can choose one. She was a big part of their lives too, dd2 is scared of dogs believe it or not and molly was the only dog she would play with, fuss, feed, hug etc. she was a big gentle bear even though she was a lunatic!!

So again, thank you S&S+bean and dee dee.

On a happy note, I hope you are all well, S&S is your baby bump growing nicely? I am so excited for you lol and rather jealous too lol!

Dee dee hows the furnature/house organising coming along? have you moved yet or is it soon? good luck to both of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Oh Babs I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Thats a lovely idea about the potted tree. You definately did the right thing hun, It must have been hard moving all her stuff. Sending big hugs to you & the kids xxx

[Modified by: JunieMummy on May 28, 2010 07:43 AM]

• Options
    Thanks hun, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    awww hun
    my gorgeous great dane elmo had a tumour pressing on something in brain n he bit the vet image i couldnt bear to watch him get sicker so like you i put my feelings aside n did what was best for my best boy (this was about 11 weeks before ds1 was born)

i kept his collar n lead n it still hangs from hook with my other dogs leads image

i know how horrible it is but comfort yourself with the knolledge you stopped all the pain for your dog and im sure wherever she is she is greatfull to you for that

all my love hun

xxxxxxxx