Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can i join (again)

Hi i havent been on here for such a long time but thought it was time to come back as me and my oh have decided to try for no6. I am 37 and i have 3 boys aged 17,4 and 1 and 2 girls aged 15 and 7. My little one Jack is one today.
I have had 3 vaginal deliveries and 2 c/sections and would love to hear from anyone who has had more then one cs.

Leigh xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi there im clare with 5 ds and ttc number 6 in july when my lo is 1, ive never had a c/s but look forward to getting to no u.
    luv clare
  • Options
    Hi stranger... I cant beleive you are trying for another. Go girl!!!! lol

I had 4 vaginal and then the last was an EMCS due to placenta previa. I was sterilised at the same time so no more babes for me.

Good luck with TTC

d x
  • Options
    i have also had 3 sections no vaginal deliveries though, anything you would like to know my opinion on just ask!!!
    xxxx
  • Options
    Thank you everyone its nice to be back, i honestly thought i was cured of this baby bug but im all broody again, my youngest one jack has just had his 1st birthday and he is such a sweet cuddly bubba my mind is on ttc no6!!!!
    I have had 5 pgs and the last 2 were cs, when i was pg with my last one the consultant asked me if i wanted to be sterilised because of the risks of having more then 1 cs because i had been pg so many times, at the time i dident really give it any more thought because i really thought i was done but now i really think i want just one more. so is it really that risky to go ahead and have another cs or do you think they were just being cautious??? also i found my second cs easier and i was discharged after 48hours so would that make a difference?
    sorry to ramble on, i am looking forward to hearing from you all

Leigh xxx
  • Options
    I know what you mean Leigh. If I had not been sterilised I think I would be tempted to plunge into the TTC pool again!

I think its not the amount of sections (as 2 is not that many) but the amount of pregnancies that could be making the Dr a bit more cautious. Your uterus has been stretched 5 times and cut twice. You can imagine it is straining a little. However, if you have had problem free pregnancies and no premmie babies then i can't see anything wrong with one more for the road so to speak.

However, listen to your doctors advice as they are the experts! I don't want to worry anyone but 2 friends did not heed warnings and had awful pregnancies, long stays in hospital on complete bed rest, and only one went home with a baby at the end of it all...

d x
  • Options
    I have had pretty good pgs so far, my last one was very good and the cs went well although my womb was being a bit of a sod by not going down as fast as they hoped but they said that was cos it was my 5th pg, the recovery period was really good and i felt fine but i understand what you mean deedee, if i was to go ahead and have another i would ask to be sterilised as this really will be it for me, i have had no preemies either all mine were on time or late!
    How was your recovery with your last one, does being sterilised as well make the recovery time longer? xxx

[Modified by: rubysmum1 on March 02, 2010 10:40 AM]

• Options
    If your pregnancies have been worry free and full term then you should go for it. Just think back just 60, 70 years ago women had about 13 kids!

I have only had the one c/s so had nothing to compare it to but, from seeing friends after c/s then yes, I would say recovery is longer. Stuckinlimbo was sterilised too and she had already had previous c/s and she said it was by far the worst. I had a pulling pain for about 6 weeks, It felt like cheese wire ripping me inside! Ouch!

Was worth it tho as there will be no more little accidents! I am 41 this June . My eldest is at Uni and I know how much that can cost! We need to start saving like mad for the next 4 to go. Bang goes my villa in Tuscany and my porsche...lol!!!!

I love been big family. Its great for the kids and great for us. Keeps us young!

Hope to see your BFP announcement soon!

d x
  • Options
    Thanks for the vote of encouragement dee i have had some strange looks and comments when telling people i would like another lol i love my big family, its exhausting but i wouldent change anything, my big boy is in 6th form but seems to spend more time on the sofa then at school but its all systems go with my biggest girl, she is in year 10 at school but is being fast tracked so is hoping to start her a levels in september, so its all revision and tears and angst bless her, sometimes its like having 2 seperate families with having the 2 teens and the 3 little ones but i wouldent change it xxxx
  • Options
    i have just had me 3rd section too, everyone is different and my experiance is very different to SIL, i have found this last section and recovery my best by far, my first was the worse and they seem to have got easier, this is what is making me want one more as im hoping it will follow suit!
    i think deedee is right it is probley the ammount of PG not CS that is making your doctor wary!
    if we do go on to baby4 then i will be getting steralized at the same time, i would trust myself not to get stucked back into TTC again.
    hope all goes well for you sweet!
    xxx
  • Options
    thanks guys, it is a lot to consider i know but im hoping it will all go well this time, i will definately get sterilised this time as i know in my heart of hearts this is definately my last one.xxx
  • Options
    hi leigh
    remember me ,i had charlotte back in november 08 and guess what ?
    baby number 5 is due november 27th ,go for it !! claire
  • Options
    Good luck ttc hun and welcome bk to LF forum! xx
  • Options
    Best of luck with ttc hun and welcome bk to the forum! x x x
  • Options
    thanks everybody, hi claire i do remember you,how are your lot,
    still nothing happening at the moment with the ttc dont think ive been lucky this month!
    my sil is pg with no4 and shes off for her dating scan today and im at home with ruby and alex who are both ill with fevers, there has been all sorts of bugs at the school at the moment but im hoping this time its chickenpox as mine have managed to avoid it time and time again, my husband caught it when he was 21 and was deadly ill so i want mine to get it early. xxxx
  • Options
    Ahhh rubysmum, my two eldest have the pox atm!! Not actually as bad as I thought it was going to be. They are just tired, really itchy and have had temps. Nothing to get worried about though. I was like you though, wanted them to get it young! Just got to wait for my 21 month old to catch it now! x x x
  • Options
    well it dont seem to be chickenpox, fever nearly gone and not a spot in sight!!! they are both sat on the couch playing ds while jack is in the middle of a wrecking spree.
    Have to take jack for his bcg later not really looking forward to that one, all it has been lately is jabs, he recently had swine flu jab now the bcg and soon he will have the mmr poor baby must feel like a pin cushion!
    hiya mummymog, i know what you mean about some peoples reactions and i have had my fair share of strange looks and comments but you know what i dont care because i heard it all when i was on number 5, if you want another bubba go for it xxx

update alex has some spots on his arm and a couple on his tummy, could this be chicken pox x

[Modified by: rubysmum1 on March 23, 2010 12:40 PM]

• Options
    yep keep on eye on it but it could very well be the pox! You will know by 2muro hun.
    I take back what I said about them being fine. Well Charlie is pretty much over hers now but Molly has been a living nitemare today. I'm worn out! She was awful last night and wouldn't sleep! In the end Dave got in to her bed and was planning to come back when she'd fallen asleep, but he never did! I think he fell asleep before her! Today she's been so wingy and itchy!! And the worst part is I'll have to go through it all over again with Livvy. I'm exhausted, just want to go to bed now!!!!!!
  • Options
    aw hun i hope they are feeling better, you sound exhausted! alex has spots on his arms, hands feet and a few on his tummy but you can kinda see more under his skin, ruby has no spots but her temp is up again and poor jack had the nurse from hell today for this bloody bcg, he was screaming and struggling to get away from her and she was not a bit nice to him poor bubs, and now he has a big temp 102 but i dont think its the bcg probably caught what he other two have! dont think there will be much sleep in this house tonight!!!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Aw hun, hope your little ones are ok today? x x x