Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr MIL rant....

Hiya

just need to have a major moan with ladies who understand my need to go..

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.....

In laws are here and on the whole they are very good. They cook, clean up after themselves, help out with the kids etc..

However, MIL just HAS to give her opinion. If I do something she does not like she will tut and shake her head. Charlie is a difficult child and I know how to handle him. She sees this as indulging him... FFS, he flips his lid if you just say NO.. you have to get to his level and explain why he can't do this or that etc.. I find it hard enough to deal with him and his tantrums without her making me feel like I am doing it all wrong.

Today, his class were going to a local pool for a splash about. These are 3 to 4yr olds! I have kept him off as he hates change and when he found out his class were going outside the school he got upset. He hates things like that. I tried to reassure him as I was going too. He just didn't want to do it so I kept him off. I got a tut and a huff and a look from the MIL that basically meant she would have forced him to go.... aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Andrew is away for a few days with work so I am coping with them. To top this off Lauren is still here (flies tonight) so I have been calling the airline every few hours, looking after 5 kids plus in laws, plus laurens boyfriend PLUS throwing a huge party yesterday for Joseph who was 6....phew!!!!!!!

I am a socialable person but having so many in the house is just doing my head in. I just want some time alone but daren't leave the kids with them as MIL just shouts and nags.

Lastly, the other day Amelia would not keep her arms in the car seat belt. MIL was in the back with her so she forced them in. Amelia kicked out and caught her in the eye. MIL SMACKED Amelia,,,,,yes SMACKED her on the hand. She apologised and said it was a reaction to been kicked in the eye! I was fuming. She did the same once when Lauren was a baby and I did not speak to her for 6 months. I know things were different in their days but I DO NOT smack my kids and I am fuming that she thought it was OK to do...hence why I wont leave them with her.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

d xxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    ooh er, goodness, how on earth have you not killed the stupid women?????

Wow, I can only say get rid, and tell her a few home truths and for god sake keep your kids well away lol!

I personally would just cut contact and keep my kids away - have done it with my mil for nearly a year due to her doing nearly exactly the same things as your has done - believe me the only one missing out was her in the end!!!! my kids hate my mil to the point of asking if we can go out rather than visit with them!!!

As for her slapping Amelia................ggrrrraahhhhhhhhhhh I would have slapped her back...how dare she..gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Your kids are your kids and as you so rightly said you know how to handle them. So maybe she needs telling even if they do wash up after themselves etc lol its not fair for her to put you in such an akward postion even if she doesnt think she is!!

sorry I am probably no help, but I def feel your anger/frustration etc..ggrrr poor you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    book them a hotel and print out a map! lol

You are a very brave lady even entertaining your inlaws staying under your roof. I would rather die! I cant stand my hubbys family and its common knowledge!
    I like my own space (with my kids and hubby of course!) I dont like people staying over, not even my kids friends! I HATE waking up in my own house and needed a poo! or wanting to nip and get some toast in my knickers but cant as there are guests!
    Had my kids friend over last night as we had a major day out yesterday to a theme park with an "I want I want" no pleases or thank yous badly behaved child who showed me up twice AND BADLY! and I was thinking about not taking the child out again because of bad behaviour, it all ended in tears thismorning as I was awoken by my daugher and this girl stood behind her (yes me laid in bed just woken up! in my private bedroom!!) and her crying (the poor childs mother forgot to tell me her Dad had walked out on her a week ago (THANKS for the head up then!!) so he woke up crying for his mummy! poor little thing! if that had happened to me I would have asked my daughter was dropped home after, DERRRR!!) and then I had to deal with getting her home first thing thismorning, then clearing up as she wet the bed and then contending with my crying child as she didnt understand why the other one wanted to go, so having to explain the best way i could about parents splitting up and that she needed to be with her mummy and not in a strange house etc etc then this only reminding her of her own mum and dad splitting up (under better circumstances i might add! my daughter was 4 and a half NOT 8! and it wasn't hostile or because of cheating) so I've now just spent even more money and time entertaining mine! makes me sound unsympathetic doesn't it! I dont mean to! but my point is, if you are uncomfortable having inlaws to stay then POXY SAY SO and stop having the silly cow over! and hitting your kids and undermining you. I especially woldn't have had them over knowing your fella was going away for work! My hubby knows one thing, and that is if he is working I will not EVER entertain his poxy family for him! thats his burden not mine.

I wish you luck, and maybe shove some laxatives in their food, keep em o the bog and out your way! lololol (okay I wouldn't REALLY do that but, what a funny thought) xx
  • Options
    Oh big hugs, thats tough, I know what you mean about not leaving them with her, I am pretty similar with my mum and dad, my dad once smacked Megans hand because she was crying in her pushchair and he is always yelling at Alice and threatening her with a smack, I do not smack my children and I appreciate that they have different views, but these are my children not theirs. How long are they staying for? Hopefully not too long and you will be rid of them xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    knew you lot would understand........ thanks girls.

All OK for the minute. We had nice night out at a cocktail bar last night. They are off to Dubai for the weekend. The daft thing is I will miss them when they are gone...

Lauren is back though first week of June... miss her so much

d xx