Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

lighter evening bedtime nightmare???

Oh my days, my girls are simply driving me nuts - now we are having lighter evenings they seem to stay awake till silly oclock every night. Trouble is they are so bloody tired after full on days at school/nursery its getting beyond a joke.

Ok so I have tried putting them to bed later so they are even more tired but they still stay awake hours after, so then I have been putting them to bed a little earlier so they dont fall asleep so much later but still they stay awake.
Bed time hasnt changed, its still bath, story, cuddle, bed.
They are not hungry as both eat well at tea time, not thristy as they have a glass of milk after story time, not lonely as we always have good cuddles before bed, we have a semi black-out bind but as its an odd sized widow and rented house its hard to put up anything that works well. They have a fan in their room which used to soothe dd2 to sleep as she loves white noise at night but even that is failing to work.

So, other than bashing them over the head with a saucepan lol what can I do if anything to get them to settle???

your thoughts please girls...................they normally sleep 11 hrs per night but at the mo its about 8hrs total with dd2 up 2-3 times a night ( even the baby sleeps better than her right now!!!!) so they are tired. very very tired.....me too!!!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Are you sure you aren't talking about my house ??? lol

my girls have become right monkeys at night. They go to bed fine bu then the party starts. Had dd2 kicking the wall while singing at top volume last night. I asked her what are you doing please be quiet. She says I have rhythm... lol... told her she could have rhythm in the morning. I have been trying to really up their exercise but thus far it hasn't helped. I had the three of them for a walk in the woods. Three hours of playing hid and chase games and still even dd3's little two year old legs were not tired enough to get her to close her eyes until 11pm!!! I'm trying really hard to get some course work done in the evenings and it is well and truely not happening, I am just hoping the novelty wears off... I hope...

xx
  • Options
    Yep - this is getting rediculous in my house! I have NO advice (apart from a saucepan....oh wait you mentioned that) xxx