Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice please ladies

Hi girls
really sorry I'm gatecrashing from due in aug, but me and OH are really stuck!! We need to change our car and are stuck with what to get!

We have two children who are still in booster chairs and we've got another baby due in aug, so we're tryin to find a car that will fit us all and still have a decent boot, we're not bothered if it's a 7 seater or a big 5 seater that can fit all the car seats!!
I was hoping that some of you had been through the same situation and could help?!!?!?!

Any comments will be very welcome
thanks ladies

Lowy 28+2

xx

Replies

• Options
    hi there, we have 5 kids and we have a ford galaxy. we find it has loads of room. you could try a vauxhall zafira? good luck with the car hunting. xx
  • Options
    hi huni we have 4 boys and 1 on the way and have got a vauxhall zafira. u can easy fit a booster on each sit but the boot space is rubbish, im dreading trying to fit a double pram in it. also before this car we had a fiat multipla which as 6 big seats and loads of boot space its just a shame they are so bloody ugly!!!lol!
    good luck with it.
    luv clare

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev185pb___.png

[Modified by: clareyg on May 27, 2009 03:13 PM]

• Options

Clareyg thats exactly what we we're talking about today, the multiplas been ugly!!! How didthey think that was a nice design?!?!?!?!

We been to a few garages today and tried a few out the galaxy, zafira, hyundai trajet, vauxhall sintra, allof these we're pants on the boot space and I couldnt get my pram in!!

We also looked at picasso and scenic and a few others similar to see if we could get three car seats on the back and no we cant!!

I'm getting really desperate now cos my hubby wants to go for a mini van style and I really really dont!!!! There must be a car out there for us!!!

Thanks for your advice girls!!!

Lowy
    xx
  • Options
    LANDROVER!!! i know i shouldnt cos theyr polluting the earth but i love my dads landrover its soooo lovely xxx
  • Options
    It's not easy is it hun??
    We've coped the last 11 months in an Astra!! Just!! I have 3 kids, 4, 2, and 11 months. We can get them all in if my 4 yr old is just on the bottom half of her seat. I think it depends alot on the width of your car seats. Some are ridiculasly big!! We've had to swap out Rennaisance with MIL's Freeway as it was smaller.
    We are looking into buying a Toyota verso at the minute (7seats) will be test driving one on Fri too see what its like with the seats. We also hired an 08 plate Zafira at the weekend and we got two highback boosters in and our Britax Rennaisance, which is one of the widest seats ever!!! image
    Good luck in your search hun, will let you know how I get on with the Verso image x x x
  • Options
    Hi,
    I've just got a Ford Mondeo and that fits three seats in, one toddler, one high-backed booster and one booster. We've put the toddler seat in the middle as it's easier to get the other belts in.
    We sold a Citroen C4 Grand picasso, lots of room, just didn't need 7 seats, so perhaps the C4 Picasso in 5 seats??
    Good luck!
  • Options

hi ladies

Thanks for your help we really appreciate it!! We're gonna checkout a few of the ones you all suggested!!

thank u again
    lowy 28+5

xx
  • Options
    hello girls

Thanks so much for all your help!!! We went with a vauxhall sintra that we found this morning, cant wait to get it home now. The garage need to do some bits and bobs on it before we can have it. So should get it soon woo!!

Anyways thanks again

Lowy 28+5

xxxx