Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Will it happen?

Hi i used to come on here back in March but havnt been on for a while because i have been really stressed. I just wanted your opinions and maybe experiences. I have three children already aged 7, 4 and 2. I desperately wanted another and we started trying last August. I fell pregnant in November but unfortunately lost the baby by a missed miscarriage in Feb. we have been trying since but with no luck. I am starting to think it will never happen and am worried about my age, I will be 34 in September and I know a lot of websites say 35 is when it starts getting really hard to conceive. Has anyone had any similar experiences, it is really getting me down and i am starting to think perhaprs this is it and I wont have anymore. I know how lucky I am to already have three, people seem to constantly be telling me that at the moment but I really feel that one more would complete the family. Should i start facing the reality that time is catching me up?

Sorry to be all gloom and doom, i dont feel I can talk to anyone about this as they all think I should be content as i am

Thanks

Jacqui
xx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry for your loss in Feb hunnie.

Personally for me, 4 completed my family too and I am so glad I did get a wonderful no'4 suprise lol.
    I also had many, many comments about "why do you want another ?" or "how will I cope?" and "isnt 3 enough?" But do you know what? I really do not care what they say or said any more, my ds2 ( 4th) is the most wonderful gift I could have asked for. I am so very lucky to have 2 boys and 2 girls now..my children are my life, my heart and I glow with love for them every day. Sod what others think!!

In regards to your age, No I dont think 30+ is too old or that you should worry about time ticking and your fertility etc. After you loss in Feb, maybe your body is just taking time to heal and when you least expect it mother nature will most definatly bless you with no'4.
    I would just say, relax, give it a little more time, dont ttc so seriously just b'dance for fun. And look after yourself.

Goodluck, lots of large family baby dust floating your way, go jump on your hubby and get jiggy lol lol
    (((((((Hugs for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)))))))))
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Babs4, why is it that people feel free to make negative comments about how many children we have, it really winds me up! Yes I am going to try and take a back seat from it all now and just BD for fun, otherwise I am going to go insane!!

Take care

Jacqui
    xx

• Options
    yep I have had all the comments too with baby 2, 3 and 4 but after each of them both my mum and my nan have said how well I do and that I should be proud of myself and the boys (& girl now) so it really upset me at the weekend when my nan said I know you couldnt go through with it last time but if you got caught again you would have to terminate.... I didnt know what to say so I just nodded, not that I would or could....or plan to have another but its not fair for other people to judge how many kids you should/shouldnt have.

Good luck with ttc No.4 hunnie, it will happen, and fingers crossed its very soon! Enjoy the baby dancing and keep us informed!!

xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I am feeling more positive now, oh Juniemummy thats a horrible thing for your nan to say to you, how do you reply to that!! People really should think about the impact of what they say to people, I hate that everyone else seemst o know what is best for us!

Hi Mummymog, that is great to hear that you have had two children after 35, there is so much out there about how it is harder for 'older' mums and I got myself so worked up that it isnt going to happen. I know I need to chill out about it.

I think I am having a mid life crisis in general, I HATE the fact I am nearly 34. Thing is it only feels like yesterday I was 24, doesnt time fly.

Thanks so much for all of your support

Jacqui
    xx