Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm gate crashing I'm sorry :)

Hello lovely ladies,

My lo is around 20lb, need to get her weighed for exact weight! In a few weeks she will be needing the next stage carseat. We currently have the maxi cosi which she has been in since birht.

There is so much choice! Before I start looking, I thought I would ask all mummies of large families what you recommend. Knowing you all have more than 2 children, Im sure you have had more than one car seat after finding the negatives with your first one!

Please can you give me some tips /advice / recommendations before I start looking online for reviews image

Hope you los are keeping you all busy. I only have one and my housework is getting left behind! hubby and I would like several children if we are able to. However, I'm hoping it will be several years before I join this forum properly in terms of no. of children. xxx

Replies

• Options
    HI

I have the bebe comfort one at mo for my 16 month. i love it. They do one now that actually swings to the right or left for you to strap them in with ease. Mine has so many functions that make it ace. its safe to start with its well padded for comfort. You can tilt it quite far back when she sleeps. i have it back a fair bit anyway as this is supposed to help support their necks in a crash. It also has a knob (oooeerrr missus) that you can bring the sides in closer when they are small and wider as they grow. This is a great safety feature. The straps are wide and well padded. She looks very safe and secure and is also happy in it.

I have had britax too which are always fine. I however like the silent recline on mine as sometimes the baby wakes when you recline some others...

link...http://www.mothercare.com/Bebe-Confort-Iseos-Car-Seat/dp/B0012EGJD0/sr=1-11/qid=1246337346/ref=sr_1_11/278-1679348-4373341?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42770041&mcb=core#productInfo
  • Options
    We have also found Britax to be very good hun. We've got Rennaisance but I'm pretty sure you can't get them anymore image I know that Maxi Cosi's nxt one up is good too. I have a few friends with that car seat. Think it's called a Priori?
  • Options
    have you thought about getting another rear facing seat? most other western countries recommend a child travels in a rear facing seat till they are 3. ive just found this out so im going to get ds3 a rear facing seat. have a look at http://rearfacing.co.uk/

xxDBxx
  • Options
    graco mini junior is front or rearward faceing and has 3 recline positions i love mine but not sute whayt car models it fits so far only used it in landrover td5 mondeo and ford c max love lolly xx