Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what to do on wet days

hiya ladies

finally i have internet though its somewhat intermitent. BT are a useless bag of poo. Anyway, long story for another time!

Its pouring down here, I mean really pouring down. Kids been up since 6am and I am shattered as stayed uo to try and see the meteor shower.

Anyway, what do you all do with wet days. The kids kill each other if we dont get out. I think I will pop wellies and rain coats on and take them for a quick walk around the cul de sac but once we are back in I am out of ideas. if i try to do crafts it goes badly wrong as Amelia sticks little things up her nose, in her ears etc.. Charlie paints himself (literally) and joseph gets stroppy as the others are not doing it right. If i build dens Charlie has a freak out when Amelia messes it up! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just cant do anything that pleases them all due to the varying ages.

I just know you clever lot will have some ideas.

hope its nice where you are

d xxx

Replies

• Options
    When the children are really bugging each other and there is a good rain coming down I close the curtains and make the front room dark. Turn on a movie and serve popcorn and drinks with straws. We have a pretend theatre - though on days when their energy levels are way too high we sometimes do this without the movie. Use a torch as a spot light and perform their favorite movies instead of watching them.

They enjoy playing restaurant too. Each is responsible for one of the courses and they take turns playing server and bringing out their part of the menu. We set the table and light candles, ect.

They like making murals on big paper sheets on the wall. Or they could trace their bodies on paper and make huge life sized dress up dolls. Sorry, can you tell I have lots of girls.

How about making edible bridges, and other models from licorice string, chocolate fingers and icing?

What about getting your eldest to help you make a treasure map for the little ones to follow and find the hidden object.

Or the web cam, mine love watching themselves be silly in videos. They spend hours recording themselves and playing it back.

Ballon vollyball, aerobics dvd, get them to help clean out closets?

We are a bit of a boring lot. lol.

hope the day goes smoothly

xx
  • Options
    I agree with everything Hedgie says lol

errr any more?? what do I do??? other than shutting them in the cupboard once its been emptied.....................................lol!!

make up and hair salon, boys barbers with gel etc..looks fab when they have done each others hair lol

string cherrios onto liquorice laces and who gets to the end the fastest??

make potato man models with cocktail sticks and raisons?

camping?one for boys, one for girls..saves stressing!

portraits of each other..keep each persons picture a suprise untill everyone has completed them..its soo funny

ok so that all, brain dead now..far too much thinking going on this morning lol

[Modified by: babs4 on August 13, 2010 10:10 AM]

• Options
    fab ideas ladies. We put on wellies, coats etc and went off hunting for a list of things I gave them like
    feathers
    pebble
    leaf
    flower etc

they loved it. They are now sat at the table sticking their finds on paper... ahhhh peace

d xx
  • Options
    thats my prob mummy mog. Chris is nearly 17 and if any of the little ones so much as breath near his room he has a hairy fit. My 19yr old is brilliant to. So long as she gets her sleep in till about ten am. She will then get up and help out loads. The downside to that is that she comes with a boyfriend. He is not here at the moment but he is coming up in about 2 weeks. He is lovely but they sit on the sofa (taking up all the sofa as he is over 6ft) and giggle and tickle basically get on my nerves. They will take the little ones out on the trampoline or the park so I shouldnt complain.

Today we are going to have a movie day and another walk in the rain. We went to the library and got some dvd's out and some nice books. Going to use the popcorn and drinks with straws idea.

Wish me luck

d xx