Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Easter hell or heaven?

Ok so mine is def Easter heaven..........................not only have I got all four kids home which I love but I get to eat choccy too lol

I rarley keep sweets or choccy in the house as it keeps the temptation to troff tons down to a minimum lol, also my kids dont have many sweets etc even though they would happily eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner!

so Easter makes it a huge treat for them and we really enjoy the time too.

Yrs ago we asked family to either buy clothes or something else rather than choccy as,we have a large family between us and if they all got eggs I would still be eating them the easter after!!! the only one that does buy easter eggs is my youngest sister and thats something we agreed on cos she doesnt see the kids much and as I said its a huge treat all round.

Not forgetting the trip to the farm to see all the easter lambs...awwww how sweet and a great hr out with the kids too.

So girls is it your heaven or hell? ( no mention of diets or healthy eating please, lets remember a little of what you fancy is fine so dont worry lol!!!!!)

Replies

• Options
    This'll be the first time I've had 4 kids at home during the school holidays, so a little apprehensive, especially as DH is working for an agency atm so could get a phone call to go to work at the drop of a hat.
    We don't celebrate easter, but it doesn't stop the odd person buying the kids eggs, so there'll be a little chocolate in the house.
    Am looking forward to not rushing around in the mornings getting the kids ready for school and am hoping to take then to the safari park on one of the days.
  • Options
    I love not having the morning school rush, while its usually very organised etc I still love not having to make pack lunches for 3 children and feed the baby at the same time lol!

I dont really celebrate easter either, its just the kids that get things etc, its all about the magic of the easter bunny while they are young isnt it?!
    Hubby and I always get them a toy or something.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Love!!!!

I love easter, easter egg hunts, and picnics in the woods surrounded by bluebells, love all the crafts - tissue paper flowers, painting eggs, easter bonnets, little felt rabbits, ect.

I love cooking up a big roast dinner and well it's like christmas in spring, with out all the torn wrapping paper. image

I too have my four all home for the weekend and hope to have some good quality family time.

xx
  • Options
    Love it, all the family together at home, no school runs for a blissful 2 weeks, not to mention the chocolate which I am particularly looking forward to as I gave it up for lent so have had no choccy for 7 weeks, guess what I will be having for breakfast Easter Sunday. Doing an Easter egg hunt for the children and a pinata as well, soooo excited.
  • Options
    awwww you have made me sooo jealous hedgie.In bahrain we dont have the bluebells etc.. I miss them so much.

We have a kids easter party on Friday (sunday is a normal working day here) and then on Easter we will do a Egg hunt on the morning and then we have a little friends birthdy party to go to.

If I was home we would be going out for lunch with all my family. Then a walk aroundthe grounds of the hall we had lunch and then we would roll eggs that the kids had decorated.
    Back home for hot cross buns and chocoate...yum

d xx