Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I need a solution

Hey ladies just thought I would see if any of you could help me.
My 9yr old dd is driving me crazy. More often that not when she goes to the toilet she doesn't wipe regardless of what she has done. I'm at my wits end with her as this has been going on for months. I've tried everything I can think of, telling her off and grounding her, telling her she is bannned from seeing her cousin for weeks at a time, taking away her tv and radio, going to the bathroom with her every time, reminding her everytime she goes to the toilet, threatening to tell her school (if she's not doing it at home I'm damn sure she's not doing it at school). I've explained why she needs to wipe everytime and for a few days after she's been caught out she does do it, but then she lapses back into laziness. When I ask her why she doesn't do it she says 'cause she can't be bothered.
I'm considering making an appointment with my hv or the practice nurse to see if someone else outside of the family can explain to her in such a way that it actually sinks in and sticks.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated (sp?)
Karen x

Replies

• Options
    what about those funky kids wet wipes. I have the Kandoo ones. They smell like blackcurrent and my kids love using them.
    Next time she goes to the loo stand outside and tell her she is not coming out till she has a clean bum. Stand your ground! Do it everytime until she realises its quicker to just wipe her bum, wash her hands and be done with it!!!

Sorry, thats all I can think of for now

d xx