Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

They didn't notice

My children are all tucked up in bed and they didn't seem to notice that its still light outside.
I knew the boys would be ok, but wasn't sure about Katelin. But she seemed happy as she could still see her book that she's chosen to sleep with for the last few nights for some reason!!!! They are all fast asleep already

Replies

• Options
    hehe

Weldone Lucy - must admit its strange it being light out at 7.30 - I have ironing to do but it feels too early. lol
  • Options
    Lucy, Bronwyn was the same. In bed at her usual time, if not a little earlier and was fast asleep in minutes. I do need to invest in a baa-baa blind though as its very bright in there!!
  • Options
    I think I will get one too actually.
    There's a post somewhere.
  • Options
    Der!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found it and it was you who posted the link Caroline. Sorry!
  • Options
    My eldest who is 4 did notice, when we said it was bath time he said "its too early - the sky is still blue" when we tried to explain to him about turning the clocks backward and forward he just looked at us with a confused expression on his face but he still went to bed but was still asking why he has to go to sleep when the sky is still blue!
  • Options
    robert kind of noticed, he saw me walk out so started cryin so had to sit down with him stil he fell asleep!
  • Options
    Jessica was the same, she was in bed at seven, mind you she was up early this morning!
  • Options
    Just had a look on the baa baa blind website and they are all sold out, typical!
  • Options
    I guess there are some very organised people out there. I'm just not one of them.
  • Options
    Normal black out rollers in Argos are half the price and just as good! X
  • Options
    Thanks Nicola, I will have a little look at them in Argos then.
  • Options
    about £15 for a small blind, all different colours. I will find link now. Even terry could put them up!! Easy.
  • Options
    Thanks Nicola, There are 2 pretty pink ones there. I like the flowery one. Will have to get measuring tomorrow and order one. So thanks very much for that
  • Options
    No probs, as long as you use them with curtains they def do the job. I think the baa baa blinds are good if you travel alot. But the blackout blinds are great for naptimes especially in summer, keeps room cool too.
  • Options
    Do they? Thats good as it gets really hot in her room in the summer.
  • Options
    The problem i have is i need an 8ft wide blind, so i think it will be expensive
  • Options
    I love it when the clocks go forward but we need some warmth to accompany it now. Roll on being able to sit out in the evening.
  • Options
    could you get two 4' ones Simone? I know you will have a slight gap in the middle but if you got curtains as well? Its just I noticed the 4' ones are half price in argos £5.99 or £6.99 each I think, see link above x