Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First Scan

I've got my first scan on Friday afternoon which I'm so excited about!

As you can see from my ticker, I'll be 13 and a half weeks by then.

I'm obviously a little anxious about everything being OK but if it is, i'm absolutely desperate to find out the sex of the baby. Have any of you been told the sex at your first scan?

My sister in law was asked if she wanted to know but because she and my brother hadn't thought it was an option at that point they hesistated and the nurse back-tracked and told them to think about whether they wanted to know at their next scan.

I can't imagine they will tell me at this scan but it's just wishful thinking. This is probably an obvious question but if Owen and I look really hard will we be able to see the difference. i.e. can you see a little willy?

XXX

Replies

• Options
    How exciting, i loved having my scans!

My sister is pregnant and im afraid to say she had a scan at 14wks and it was to soon to find out the sex, she is having another scan next week and i think she will be 22wks and if baby is playing ball they will find out the sex.
  • Options
    Hi Sally, how exciting. You will be amazed when you see! I am not sure if you can tell the sex at this stage as I think it becomes more evident after 16/17wks. Good luck! X
  • Options
    awww good luck for the scan, unfortunetly u wont be able to see the sex at this scan Even if they cud they wont tell u if u asked, ( depending on the hospitaql) cause its a dating scan, this is just to tell u dates it lasts about 10 mins hun thats it!

they let u see it and stuff but its not a detailed thing, thats what the 20 week one is for

i hope it goes great for u hun, remember when they say have a full bladder it really does help!
  • Options
    Ooooh how exciting for you. Like Claire said it really helps to have a full bladder as it makes bean seem so much more detailed.
    Good luck, i was really nervous for my first scan too. Hopefully things will all be great for you then you can start to relax and look forward to your 20 week scan.

xx
  • Options
    heres my 12 week scan - image

i was close to peeing myself haha
  • Options
    They all kinda look the same to me tho at this early stage.

You'll be fine sally,like the others say you wont realy get told the sex as its a dating scan but pls let us no when they say your due.xx
  • Options
    Good luck with the scan. It's great to be able to see your baby for the first time.

xx
  • Options
    I thought that i'd already replied here but I can't see it now.

Thanks for all your replies. Claire, your scan is great!

Only one more day to go . I woke up at 4am for a wee and couldn't get back to sleep for thinking about it. Anxious yet excited.

Will they tell me the heart rate tomorrow?

XXX
  • Options
    Aahhh good luck for tomorrow Sally please let us no how you get on andtry not to be too anxious it will be so exciting for you to see lion!!