Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm In Norwich Are You?

Hey,

Just thought I would mention little old Norwich! Are you there too? I moved here last year in October after my wedding I have two girls of 11 and 2 and am trying for my third!

Do reply if you are from around here!!

Love A xx ;\)

Replies

• Options
    Hello there fellow Norwich dweller! Im new to this site (my first post in fact!) and come from little old Norwich!

I have 2 girls who are 11 and 8 and a boy nearly 1 so have my hands full!
    Whereabouts in Norwich are you?
    Heidi x
  • Options
    Hi Im a Norwich girl too. I grew up in Norwich and now live in Long Stratton with my husband and 6 month old daughter.

Gem.xx
  • Options
    Hey both of you!!

I'm in hellesdon! I'm new to this site too! It's good I like it!

I saw your post Gem after I put this one on!

So I'm guessing you are at home Gem what about you Heidi?

Where in Norwich are you? Myoldest is the same age as yours is she in high school yet?

Speak soon,

Love Axx
  • Options
    Hi again MM im in Golden triangle part of Norwich, Earlham Rd way, I lived in Hellesdon once (years ago now far too many to even contemplate!) so know a little about that area!
    My oldest Molly is only just 11 so will be going to High school in sept, just been refused entry to CNS so have got to appeal, the joys!
    Im not looking forward to it though she feels too young still, how is your daughter getting on?

Hi to Gem and Ellie too, i often drive through Long Stratton as my partner's mum lives in Eye, the chip shop is very popular there isnt it?! people seem to queue in all weathers to get their chips!
    Are you enjoying being a mum? Are you still on mat leave at mo?

Heidi x
  • Options
    Hi all you Norfolk people. Heidi I knew you would not be able to resist making a post sooner or later! It took me over a year to pluck up the courage to make a post so you are much braver than me! MM where did you live before coming to Norwich? I moved here from Kent after going to Uni. I think its a lovely place to bring up children. I live on the coast but work in Norwich. Gem did you have your lo at n&n ? It feels weird typing to people that you could have walked past loads of times!! I know I sound a little mad. Heidi will be able to confirm that in fact I am!!. Oh yes I have two little boys 3yrs4mths and another that is 1 on the 18.
    Holly
  • Options
    Hi A, I grew up in Hellesdon, my parents still live there, well it's lower hellesdon near the mill and st mary's chruch. I have been home late afternoon, yes. We were out and about this morning, near your neck of the woods actually Heidi. We went to sainsburys cause I wanted to buy Ellie a wet suit as we're going swimming at weekend to what was sports village. It's too cool in there for just her little swim trunks that she wears at waterbabies so got an all in one.

Heidi, yes the chip shop is very popular, i must admit they are tasty from there. But I must stay away and shift the last stone of baby weight!!!! I love being a mum, it's fantastic I just adore her and keep staring at her all the time and when she's in bed I want to wake her up, lol, Im sure I wont be saying that when I have 2!!!! We wont be starting for number 2 for a few years though. I go back to work in July but I was off sick from July/aug so it will be a few weeks short of a year by the time I go back. Im a nurse at the nnuh, will be going back for 24 hours 2 12 hour shifts a week so that will be nice.

Do either of you 2 work?

Gemx.xxx
  • Options
    Holly,
    All i can say is I hold you responsible since you introduced me to this site, youve created a monster now!
    Hope lil man is feeling better now image

Gem, sounds like youre loving being a mum which is good, its lovely when youre so in awe of them, it does wear off abit as they get older, so definitely enjoy it whilst it lasts!
    12 hour shifts sounds hard but then i guess once theyre done you can enjoy the rest of your time with your little girl.
    Although you prob dont need people like me reminding you of impending returns to work!!
    Yes i work but part time though so could be worse.

Any plans for weekend ladies?

Heidi x

• Options
    It's funny reading these, sometimes I think that I feel the PC is not real and that the other people on here are kind of not really there!

OK Well I lived in Norwich till I was 17 very close to Mill in fact just off Marlpit Lane!
    Then i headed to london for 17 yeras as a nanny and then after we got married last September we moved back here as is it much better to bring up kiddis here!

So if you don't mind me asking how old are you all etc? I'm 35!
    I work at the mo and hubby is staying home!

I work in the mall I love my job I have to say! I've prob served you all!!

Anyway I'd best go and get ready for work!

Speak soon,

Love Angie xx
  • Options
    Hi again Angie,
    Hope you werent too rushed off your feet, i know how the Mall can be on a Sat which is why i try to avoid it!
    I work in an office job so get weekends off luckily but only work part time so some days i can be found wandering round the mall trying not to spend too much money!
    How is your hubby enjoying being at home?
    I am 29 years young!
    Heidi x
  • Options
    That was frealy just came on here and your message was at the top of the chat bit!!

Work was good, it is hard work not spending money in the mall!

He does enjoy being home but we are thinking of him going back to work and me dropping my hours a bit!

Am really chuffed put a bet on the National and my horse came in 3rd so I've won a tenner!!!

Speak soon,

love A xx
  • Options
    Hi All, Thanks Heidi think lo is getting better now, was sick again yesterday but touch wood will be better soon. Oh and nursery is shut on tues due to essential works as water company turning water off! Will be at work (just so the rest of you know we work at same place!) as D taking (unpaid!!!) day off so i can come in. Anyway sorry to be rude to everyone else for that little note, just saves a text!!!
    Angie I hate realising my age i am 29 but the impending 30 is 2 weeks aways ahhhhhhhhgggggggg. Sounds so old, not looking forward to it at all.
    I went to the mall today, had to stock up on nappies and milk and get my husbands anniversary pressie. Was not as busy as I thought it would be on a Sat.
    However you may have though diff as you had to work. Did you like living in London? I lived in middlesex when at uni but would not want to live near so many buildings again. Think thats whats good about here coast really near or woods etc so can escape the 'rat race' of life for a while when u want.
    Anyway, better go promised to cook dinner tonight so DH can watch Dr Who!!
    Holly
  • Options
    Holly,
    (In stern voice!) Youre not getting too old you are soon to be 30 years young!
    Glad lil man is getting better, did you go to swimming today?
    Wooo cant you tell ive got free reign on computer! Mr Heidi (ha ha he would go mad if he read that!) is at work and all 3 sprogs in bed!! oldest 2 did get sent to bed and told off for having loud argument though whilst Freddie is asleep!!
    Hope rest of you are ok still, did you get DH Anniversary pressie?

Heidi x
  • Options
    Hi, I think i tempted fate his nappy just exploded again!!! So no not better yet. No waterbabies today starts next week (if he is better). Should I tip 'Mr Heidi' off that, thats what u called him lol!!!
    Yep got pressie, cant say what in case he sees this!
    I had to put a naughty sprog to bed early aswell. Would not eat his tea. does anyone else have that problem?
    Gem which waterbabies do u go to? I go to one on a saturday.
  • Options
    Hi Holly I got to the Sat nnuh water babies we were 11.30 am but next term it's going to be 10.30am start. So keep an eye out for me and ellie. I did have Ellie at nnuh, strange as I work there but it was ok, I managed to get a side room and was left alone unless i needed something. I had a section with Ellie due to severe SPD and being on crutches and unable to part knees enough to deliver naturally. Oh btw I am going to be 26 at the end of the month. Heidi, i just re-read your msg about where you lived and realised I was thinking the golden triangle was near thorpe not earlham road, new mummy brain syndrome, lol.

xx
  • Options
    Hi Gem,
    know what you mean about baby brain, prob is i think il prob carry on using that one even when theyre grown up! Think my mushy brain will always be slow!
    A friend of mine had severe SPD and had to be on crutches for her last 3 pregnancies and so know a little about it from her, she still suffered effects ages after her 3 lo were born too! Its so painful though, is everything ok for you now?

Hi again Ange, what did you decide you were going to spend your winnings on then?! if people read this they might think youve won the lottery, sorry if you start to receive begging letters!

Im a bit of a secret gambler and go to bingo occasionally, (so whos the old person now then hey Holly!)
    also ps for Holly prob best not to mention Mr Heidi thing to my darling other half! or there could be repercussions!!

H x
  • Options
    I'm in Norwich too..I am 32 weeks pregnant with my first..its a little man! Just thought I'd say Hi!

Janice x
  • Options
    Hi to you too Janice!
    How exciting for you then as youre coming to end of your pregnancy!
    Are you organised for LO yet? (well as organised as you can be when you dont know what to expect!)
    Have you got names, etc?

Heidi x
  • Options
    Hello Heidi,

I know..it getting very exciting now..and very tiring!! I am all organised, well like you say, as organised as I can be!

I have thought of some names but I cannot decide which one I prefer..Jamie, Max, Tyler and Kyle..I just dunno??!!

So how many children do you have, how old are they etc?

Janice x
  • Options
    Hi again Janice,
    I found it really hard to think of boys names cos i think theres so many pretty girls names to choose from!
    prob just as well ive only got 1 boy then and 2 girls!
    My boy is called Freddie and hel be 1 next month and my girls are Molly and Mya who are 11 and 8. Think that is going to be it, for now! Athough people always ask " so when are you having more then!"
    Im sure youve been asked the same although you havent given birth yet!
    Another thing i found with names was i really like some ie, Alfie, Archie, Toby but my other half poo pooed them which made it even harder to decide!
    Hope youre enjoying this stage and managing to put your feet up?

H x
  • Options
    I know what you mean..there are so many lovely girls names and buys are so hard!! Actually Molly was the name I'd picked if baby was a girl, its so cute! Trouble is you pick one, then go off it..think I'll keep the ones I like in my head until I see him!!

People say.."So do you want any more?" and yea, I think, let me have this one first, ha!! I would like to have a few though, I think a big family is nice!

I am relaxing today, haven't even got dressed yet!! But I am working until 37 weeks so trying to have the weekends to do nothing..can't wait to finish now though! I suppose you never get those weekends with 3 children!

Hope you having a nice weekend xx