Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Race for Life

Hi Girls,

Know this might be a bit cheeky but I have just signed up to do Race For Life on the 13th July in Blackheath

I today found out some really sad news which made my decision to do this so easy - our friends daughter is 7 yrs old and in remission for Leukemia - unfortunately from a baby she has had a brain tumour which they havent been able to operate on - I have today found out that there is nothing left to do so all medication has stopped except Morphine.

As a result I today decided that I wanted to raise something to help fund a cure for these horrible illnesses.

Anyway needed to get that off my chest but have attached a link for my page if you wish to make a donation but dont feel pressured if you cant.

Thanks Girls, xxx

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sarahbooth3

Replies

• Options
    Awww thanks Mel - its much appreciated.

My friends little girl just celebrated her 7th birthday two weeks ago and was given 3 mths to live in December - the dr's decided to try again but this week the tumour started growing which meant that all routes had been crossed and nothing will work - its a crappy illness - also sams nan has bowel cancer which has taken her from being a very active women (this time last yr climbing over fences and what not) to a women who barely goes out x
  • Options
    Sarah thats so sad, my best friend passed away when I was at junior school we were 9yrs old and she had lukaemia it was so sad. But I can't begin to think what your friends are going through. My thoughts are with them. Will be sponsoring you and good luck....July 13th is Luka's first birthday!
  • Options
    Hi Sarah,

I am so sorry to hear this and cant imagine what they are all going through. Not too keen on donating online but will send you some postal orders if you would like to pm me your address. Hope this helps. x
  • Options
    Will pm you Pauline x

Thanx Nicola x
  • Options
    oh sarah you should of text me inow how you feel when i was 8 i lost my best mate to Leukemia it was the hardest think that can happen then 35 years later i lost my gran to it as well
    you have my number if you need to chate or give me a text i have credit now
    jadexxxx
  • Options
    That is so sad Sarah, i cant begin to imagine what it must feel like to know you are losing a child. Well done you for racing money for such a needy cause. xx
  • Options
    Hi Sarah,that is so sad to hear.
    Hubby lost a very close girlfriend several yrs ago to cancer and my mum suffered with cervical cancer when i was v.young(she's fine now thank god) but it never compairs to loosing your child.I cant imagen what they are going through.

Best of luck with the race,not that i dont want to support you but a friend here already runs it every year for her friends daughter and ive put some money her way,it all goes to the same place tho.

xx
  • Options
    Well done Sarah!
    I did the race 2 years ago, I was determined to do it last year but Gareth begged me not to as I was pregnant and, to be honest, I wouldn't have managed last year as I was so big and it was really hot. I am not doing it this year either but will do it with a pram and toddler next year!!!

Will sponsor you when I have some money!!!!
  • Options
    thanks girls,

Emma thats cool - it all goes to the same charity - is your friend doing the 5k or 10k - i'm doing the 5k - maybe next year the 10k?! depends how things go!

Caroline - theres no rush and only if you want to - I dont want any one to feel pressurised, thought I would just let you know I was doing it etc

xx
  • Options
    well done sarah, thats a really good race to do. two friends, my sil and i did it the year i had niamh and it was a very emotional day, but fun. i hope to do it again next year.

hope all goes well for you
    kas xx
  • Options
    Im not sure tbh as its done in the local park(quite big i may add)
    Rileys doing a school fund raiser,walk/jog round the chool field to rais money to get a seating area under the new varandar(sp)they had put in a while ago,will be nice to watch him as we are aloud to go watch and join in if we like.
  • Options
    Hi Sarah

What sad news, so sorry to hear that.
    I went online to try to sponsor you but after trying a couple of times it keeps timing out.

Guess its not working either that or my internet connect is too slow. If you want to send me your address by PM I'll send postal order instead?

Cheryl x
  • Options
    Hi Cheryl,

I will send you the details

Thanks x