Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pram Advice Needed

Hi,

I'm thinking about possibly buying a Stokke Xplory. I already have a Silver Cross travel system and two Mamas and Papas buggies none of which my little one - 9 months - likes. She does however love going in the big old fashioned coach built Silver Cross which her granny has, which we think is because she is so much higher - hence us thinking about the Xplory - the coachbuilt doesn't fit in the car. I just wondered if anyone has one or has any other suggestions.

Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    i can not help but sure one of the others will be able to they love talking about buggys here
    here we go again
    vicky some of them are addicted to buggys it is quite funny
    how are you
    jade
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Jade:-) I think I may be getting addicted myself - I just want something which she can be comfy in and enjoy going out in. The key seems to be facing me and high up. My mum thinks I'm crazy as she's almost walking already but I'm fed up of shopping trips ending in tears.
  • Options
    bless you would not no how that feels yet as iam ttc 1 hope one of the girls can help
    how old is she
  • Options
    Sorry - ttc? - I'm not really up on the jargon:-) She's 9 months and a star - apart from when she's in the pram:-) The result being she gets carried and the pram gets pushed:-)
  • Options
    trying to concive sorry got to go hope to talk soon jade
  • Options
    Welcome to PP Vicky

One of the girls on here, Nicola, is gonig to love chatting to you about buggies!!! Afraid i can't help, i've only had a m&p for my 2!

x xx
  • Options
    well of course I had to reply as I am the resident buggy addict (along with Mel and claire!) But I haven't had experience of the Stokke im afraid. I would have loved a mum facing pram though...maybe next time. I must say Luka seems to prefer being up a bit higher in the Luna as opposed to the maclaren. But if I give him a toy or a pack of raisins he's usually amused anyway!!
  • Options
    isaac likes his luna 2 as it is higher. paul wont let me buy a stokke, he says they look like the boots shopping baskets on wheels that they have!
  • Options
    Hi Vicky - Welcome to PP

You've come to the right place - Claire, Mel and Nicola can list all the buggies about lolol

Unfortunately I cant help either as like Jade i'm ttc#1

Good Luck though
  • Options
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/__Pushchairs-Prams...86.c0.m14.l1308

Hi Vicky, I looked at this pushchair just after buying my latest, I thought it was really great value with a reversible seat unit at £150. But the seat unit is no higher than normal. Do you know anyone who has a stokke so you could buggy swap and try it out with your daughter for a few days?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone:-) We've been to the shop today and wheeled her around in it for about half an hour and so far she seems to like it. I agree it does look like a boots trolley - my grandfather who came along for the ride said he thought it looked like something he's put his golf clubs on. We also use raisins as bribery in the pram, though we're currently going through a throwing everyting stage so toys aren't working quite as well as they used to. Am currently trawling the internet for the best deal, I'll keep you all posted when it arrives:-)
  • Options
    go to mothercare, they do something called a toy tie, isaacs pram has about 5 toys hanging off it attatched with these as everything gets thrown out when he gets bored of it. they are about £3 for 2. lifesavers!
  • Options
    Thank you - I certainly will!!!