Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Struggling with myself at the mo :(

Hey ladies,

I was diagnosed with Manic depression and paranoid schizophrenia when i was younger and have been able to deal with it on and off for the past 5 years.

Soon as i got pregnant i knew i had to really work hard to stop letting it affect me as i didn't want Harry to be affected in any way.

Now he's 18 months old, i've only had one small lapse before but now its come back worse than in a long long time. I'm really really struggling to cope but can't get my head around being back on medication as last time i spent 6 months being completely spaced out and not really sure what was going on!

Not sure what to do.

Sorry just putting it down on paper xxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm sorry I don't have any experience of this at all I just didn't want to not reply. I think if you know you've hit a low you really do need to go to the dr and talk through how you're feeling and your concerns, maybe between you, you'll find something you'd feel happier taking/doing with your 18mth old being around as well. Take care of yourself and really hope things turn around for you soon
  • Options
    Hi hun, long time no speak!
    Look babe, you need to stop worryign about Harry, he will be great and you need to worry about yourself, why dont you go to your gp and explain your fears to him/her and say you dont want to be left liek that and get reduced strength meds instead? big hugs hun, sorry i never get chatting anymore, im not exactly a young mummy anymore so never go in there now, i hope your ok and i hope Harry is doing well. xxxxxxx
  • Options
    a healthy mummy = healthy baby!!! i know your lo is you main priority 100%, but looking after yourself is equally important!!! it's obvious your a fab mummy as you've posted this!!! go see your gp and work things out with them!!! lots of hugs xxxx
  • Options
    Yeah its mad - he's already a big boy running around playing football as i type. Where did the time go? Must have another one to preserve the babyness lol.

Getting progresively worse since my last post so have an appointment for next week. Thanks ladies. What a cerfuffle.

xxxxxx
  • Options
    Just a quick update and a big thanks for the replies.

Know its been a LOOONNG time since its been posted but i finally got myself to the GP just before xmas.

I started having panic attacks on top of everything else and harry would regularly be saying "uh oh mummy. boo boo?" and i couldn't deal with that anymore.

Anyhoo... so i've been put on different tablets now (i think) and fingers crossed so far we're on the up.

Thankyou for all your help last time! xxxxxx