Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Body Image Disturbance : (

Hey all! My lo is now just over 2 months old. At my 6 week check up I got the OK from my doc to start exercising again. I gained close to 50lbs during pregnancy. I can't help but feel so sad about how much my body has changed. It is my first baby, and the responsibilities were overwhelming in the beginning, lack of sleep especially. Now that I have adjusted to taking care of lo, my body is starting to really bother me. I brought out all my old pre-pregnancy clothes since I have no winter sweaters as all my maternity clothing were summer wear and nothing fit. And even worse, you could see my belly popping out of them. I hate to sound so self-conscious and vain about my looks but this change is soooo drastic. I can't believe how my hips have widened. Will they ever go back to how they were? I have started working out, been once so far. I plan to continue with that providing I have enough time. Has anyone gone back to their pre-pregnancy shape? If so, how long did it take? Is it really possible for my hips to shrink back to their usual petite shape? Or shall I learn to love my new body...:\?

Replies

• Options
    I put on allot of weight with my first.........but it did eventually come off but i carnt remeber how long it took to get off. With my other pregnancies i was allot more careful of NOT eating for 2. My advice to u is. Eat 3 meals a day....consisting of mainly fish,chicken veg and fruit. Try and take little one out every day for a fast walk at least 1 hr. Dont give up it WILL drop off. Reduce your fat and carbs intake but keep high with d proteins. Its worked for me. Good luck. Most imp tho is that u have a healthy baby who loves u no matter what shape u are hunimage
  • Options
    i went to docs on monday to get pill,asked to get weighed as i havent lost much of my baby weight(lennons now 6 months),and she gave me pills "saying i'm big enough and elegable to get them"yeah thanks doc,that was the boost i just needed to make me feel better about myself because i'm like you and quite depressed about how i now look,but hey if they work next time i'll give her a big kiss coz i've a wedding dress to fit into lol
  • Options
    I felt exactly the same after my first was born (11 years ago) I did eventually lose all the weight but my body was never the same and it did bother me loads, ive had my 4th baby now whos 8 months old and i still have a saggy belly covered in stretch marks but i have to say it doesnt bother me any more, give it time and you wont even notice it any more.
  • Options
    Grudie, the contraceptive pill or is this a diet pill? Sorry to sound dumb....................
  • Options
    i got both lol,went to get contraceptive pill and came out with diet pill also,might as well though why i get it for free lol,reading over it again i see i didnt quite make sence lol
  • Options
    What is this diet pill called? I didnt think drs gave magic pills lol!
    We dont here in Malta,at least I dont think so!
  • Options
    its called sibutramine (just had to get packet to spell that lol) 1 a day,i was offerd 2 types to try and c how it goes lol not exactly the best time to start it but hey,i can get them for up to a year but i've 8 months to fit into my dress so al b cabbage eating the next few months lol,all the way over in malta eh,hows the weather coz its bloody freezing here in jockland lol
  • Options
    Its sunny and around 14/16 degrees (above) hehehehe Yeah d weathers nice,but d men r just as lazy lol. What do this tblt promise to do............break down fat or curb appetite! lol if it wrks let me know,il be straight out to see if we have.................ehhehehehehehe. Your getting wed hun?
  • Options
    yeah their supposed to supress my appatite although to be fair i actually dont eat v much and dont eat red meat at all,i've lost a few pond already so fingers xxx eh,yeah getting wed in september the 5th,though we'd make a proper fam now we av lennon although we've bn engaged since 3 weeks after meeting each other,3 years later were finally getting to it,hows your man doing any change?
  • Options
    Hey Grudie, Congrats on the wedding...best of luck in your trek for weight loss! I'm happy to say, I only have 12 more lbs to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight! I haven't been exercising much consciously, however, I've been at the mall tons and power walking with lo there since it is too cold here in Canada to head outdoor for a walk. I must say, it feels so nice not to have to pee and eat every 5 minutes anymore. I just wish gravity wasn't taking control of my ever sagging chest. Oh how I have lost my once desirable bust..lol. Thank god for those amazing push up bras! Gotta love em!
  • Options
    lol i dont no what i would do without those bras either keeps me and oh happy lol,another person far away,i bet it is brass(cold) in canada,i love canada,been once and was ment to go this year to my cousins wedding in august but couldnt becuse it was way too hot for me and lennon being too young in my eye to go also,i'm a red head (a jock red head who would av thought eh lol)and dont do heat v well,although oh loves the sun and when in iraq was puting baby oil on to get a gr8 tan,i've been skipping in the house because theres not much to do here i stay in most the time but i'm getting there,theres just so many changes when avin a baby its hard to get used to them but either way i'm loved by oh so i'm happy with that lol
  • Options
    I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uff what am i gunna do?
  • Options
    hey bex he must have something goin 4 him???
  • Options
    hi girls hope you dont mind be writing on your thread, i immediatly had to read when i saw your title. i used to be relativly happy with my weight before i had my daughter but now a good 2 stones too much i just cant shift i too tried sibtuimine i started on 10mg then increased dose to 15mg. however even though weight loss was fantastic and lost loads of weight, i also became very very irritable and had really bad heart pulpations. after 4months i lost 1 and half sone and absolutly loved my new figure basically without trying at all tablet s just took over the hard work.t. but my blood pressure went sky high and doc warned me i could have a siezure which really scared my so i had to ditch them. unfortunatly the weigh piled back on worse than ever and it took a good 6 months for pulpations to stop. i hope you have more sucess than i did. i tried orlistat after for 2 weeks but really awful side effects looks like im just gonna have to slog it out the hard way.
    nikki
    xxx
  • Options
    Yesssssssssssssssss he has lots going for him. Love him. But its just helps to have a moan on here. Actually we did d rosta thing and he just did half n hours ironing. It wasnt very good,but bless him.
    I think its best to keep to min with these tblts by d sound v it,and exercise also. I think its unrealistic to starve yourself,but if you fill up on food thats low in fat and high in proteins u carnt go to wrong!
  • Options
    god sake they never tell you at the docs eh,u'd think they were working on comission lol,started the food diary,exercise,back at work one bbboooooooooo!!! so fingers crossed
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you hun X