Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

headaches

sorry to be a pain does anyone get headaches if so what do they use for them the docter said mine are migraines since having my baby on new years day some days i dont get them but some times i ave one for a couple of days thank you x x image

Replies

• Options
    I take really bad migraines and im on Tramadol tablets and when they are that bad that i loose my eyesight i have injections to take. Ask your doc for something stronger if ordinary over the counter tablets arnt working for you. x
  • Options
    oh thank you i get so worried i was scared of asking the docter for something else i always get scared when i get one i use to get them when i was younger but they have come back. how many little ons have you got i have got poppy who is 3 and maisie is 11 weeks love claire x
  • Options
    Hi Claire, i have one littel girl who is almost 5 months now. She is a gem most of the time.
    Are you going to ask your doctor for anything stronger? Its hard enought to look after lo's without a terrible headache. Do you get flashing lights? i know it sounds weird if you dont but thats how my migraines start and then the headache comes followed by vomiting. I love the name Maisie, its unusual. x
  • Options
    it started after i had maisie i had a good birth but they wouldnt give me gas and air so i had bruise all over my legs where i was gripping the bed to stop the pain... when i got home the same day i was fine but as i woke the following morning my head had a numbness and my eyes felt really weird.. so i left it but than i started feeling dizzy and my heart would race so i went to the docs who said it was anxiety and migraines... I went back today cos maisie had a check up and he checked my blood pressure which was fine. he gave me some different tablets to take 3 times a day.. so i took one and the numbness has gone but i am always scared its going to come back.. What do you do with little one when you get one... What is your little girl called? are you back at work now love claire x x
  • Options
    Hi Hun, I have to say im very lucky and my mu or my OHs family will take Ellie for the day when im bad or OH takes a day off work. My baby is called Ellie, she is 5 months on Saturday and getting very big and grown up looking!
    Why did they not give you gas and air?
    Are you on facebook? x
  • Options
    Yeah i am on face book i found loads of old friends... I only got the internet in feb i love it. We went to the hospital at 8pm and they checked me over and put me in a room but as the pain got worse my hubby asked the midwifes for pain relief but they kept saying i was doing fine than they came to check me at 4am and they said your only 6 cms and than i said i need to push she came into the world at 4.25am i couldnt even get onto the bed cos she came that quick.. I think thats why i started getting headaches. Had one today but tried to keep calm i get a little snappy before one comes just hope they do start to go. Both babies are asleep, Poppy has been up all day so she has just gone down now. Where abouts do you live? We live in northwich! Is your oh off now for 4 days? Maybe we can look on facebook! Message soon love claire x Ellie is a lovely name bet she is yourlittle beauty x