Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone lost weight/can recommend a diet?

Well, I'm officially fed up of being so huge. I looked in mirror and realized my belly is same size as it was when I was 4 or 5 months pregnant!! It's horrible!

I know the best way to go is healthy eating and exercise, but I wondered if anyone could recommend a certain diet? I had a look at WeightWatchers but it seems so complicated! Rosemary Conley seems better for me as it's a certain amount of calories, which seems easier than working out points etc. I don't want to waste money buying a book or joining a slimming club if it's not going to help.

I lost a stone earlier in the year just through healthy eating and exercise but it seemed so slow to come off I lost motivation and put it all back on!

Oh and does anyone know of some good tummy flattening underwear?!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I dont know any particular diets.. but a good few years ago when I made a diet change I lost alot of weight in a reasonable time scale and have kept it off. just a snippet of the helpful small changes were reverting to skimmed milk, using nimble or wholemeal pitta bread.. avoiding spreads and butters. I also eat alot of seafood, lean fish, prawns, mussels and tuna ect. I also love the kraft 'low fat or fat free' dressings. they have good variety, the fat and calories are low and there very tasty, I use them on salad, as a replacement for mayo and as pasta sauce. wholewheat pasta and rice noodles are good changes too. hope some of the tips help. good luck!!! xx
  • Options
    hey hun,

i do weight watchers im doing well on it and have lost just over 4 stone now, it works for me coz i need the pressure of being weighed in public by someone else plus my mum babysits so i get a night out lol ( we go to the pub after)
    ive got massive motivation tho coz my brother is getting married and i just do not want to look huge in another family wedding photo!!
    i dont really count points anymore i know how many points are in the main stuff that i eat so easy for me really.

also i have the best tummy flattening underwear and its from primark and was only ??5!! it goes from ur knees (shorts) to just under ur bra and its fab!!

im yet to start doing exercise tho i just dont find the time what with being a single working mum its hard!!
    good luck with what u choose to do, once u get into it, it becomes easier xx
  • Options
    Thanks for replies.

Palmtree, think I will try doing some food swaps like you said as I mainly eat white bread and white pasta etc which isn't good. I find one problem I have is that I make all healthy stuff for the girls and then I don't ever eat the same as them. I'll have to stop being as fussy!

Vicky and Summer- wow 4 stone lost? That is amazing hun! I'm sure you'll look fab at the wedding. I've got my bro in law's wedding in the summer so might use that as motivation cos I don't want to look a total heifer in the pics! I never thought of primark for the underwear, I'll go and have a look next time I'm in town. If only there was something that went from my ankles to my double chin haha!

xxx
  • Options
    i never thought of primark either till my friend showed me hers and at a fiver u cant go wrong!! i totally lol at the ankles to double chin lol!!
  • Options
    Hi
    I find losing weight really hard because I love my food !! I didn't put on much weight when I was pregnant because I had severe sickness the whole 9 months.But then I made up for it after I had my baby and whilst breastfeeding I was always starving and managed to put a stone on in the year after I was pregnant !!
    Anyway I managed to lose a stone on my own with just cutting down and doing a lot of walking but I still wanted to lose a bit more so decided to join rosemary conley classes.
    Now I have always been a sceptic about these weight club things and have always said why would I pay someone to tell me to eat less .
    But I have really enjoyed the club as its an excerise class aswell.Its the only night of the week I get to leave the kids to my husband and it feels like a bit of me time.Plus I have lost 14 pounds so far.I won't lie - it hasn't been easy but you soon get into the routine of it then it just becomes a normal way of eating .
    You could buy one of the rosemary magazines and follow it at home ,but I really have found the classes brilliant and have met some new people .
  • Options
    Thanks MLM, it's good to know that the classes do work. I guess it's a good way to meet new people. I got the rosemary conley diet at home kit ages ago so I will dig it out as I found it was really easy to follow- with the 5% fat rule and certain amount of calories. I used to laugh at my friend for paying to go to go slimming classes, I thought it was ridiculous but now I will try anything!

I've not had any chocolate today which is a good start for me! Just need to do some exercise now...