Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Loosing weight

Im startin a diet next week and going to start the gym twice a week, i dont like salad so thats off the list lol

does any one have any tip or good meals to cook, i have a 21month old son and a 7 week old daughter
so cant spend all day prepairing things, im also on my own so has to be quick and simple
maybe something me and my son can eat, as id like him to eat a bit healthier

also how much do you tend to spend on shopping a week/ fortnight and where do you shop, i seem to spend loads and most of its on rubbish

Any help would be appreciated, im just fed up bein a lump, i used to be a size 12 now im a size 16-18!!

xxlisaxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Lisa
    I'm leaving my diet til after christmas cos I know I'll just break it otherwise but if you can stick to it I recommend Rosemary Conley. You can get her books from Waterstones or probably any other good bookshop. She gives loads of receipes and also suggests sample 'busy day' menus. It's quite strict cos you aren't allowed cakes, chocolate, pastries, biscuits etc but the meals are so filling you can get by or you could allow yourself one or two treats a week after the first week or two if it helps. I have done her diets a few times and when I stick to it I usually lose 1-2 lb per week. I usually make things like a big chilli or spag bol and then I eat it twice in a row and freeze two portions so that I am not cooking from scratch each day. You can do that with the soups too.
    I shop at Morrisons and Tesco mostly and tend to get mostly healthy things and it costs on average ??60 for me and my husband but we have to get extra cos I am veggie and he's not!
    With Rosemary C you can decide what you will have the next week and then write your shopping list from that. It will cost more at first to get all the basics in but you can choose things with fewer and less expensive ingredients.
    Good luck with it all but I would maybe get prepared and bring in a couple of changes now but not properly start til January 1st so you don't feel bad if you cheat over Christmas! Also, if you get a RC diet book it's best to read it all first to get motivated etc.
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks yeah, i will go and buy one of the rc books tomorrow, i have cut out crisps, fizzy juice and havent had any cakes for a while so a suppose thats a start, yeah xmas will be hard if i was to proper start now so i might just leave it till after new year. image

thanks
    xxx