Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Summer 2013 IVF/ISCI ladies

1161718192022»

Replies

• Options
    Basically she said my cycle is too short but should only need one cycle of microgynon to get it where they want it so should still start injection next month, I'm waiting for af to start which I think it's going to shortly so I can start taking. Normally it's 23-25 days but typically it's day 25 and not here yet but feeling the usually cramps so its coming lol

I must admit I was hoping to be one of those annoying people who fall the week before they start Ivf but not looking likely lol
  • Options

That is exciting news Just married. Not long now. woop woop. image

• Options
    Thanks Hun good luck for your scan let us know how your doing x
  • Options

Hey ladies - how is everyone progressing?

I called the clinic again a couple of weeks ago (thank goodness I did).  They said that no, we woudn't be going to Wymondham at first, but to Cambridge as they don't do SSR in Wymondham (but we can transfer there for the IVF)... So I called the Cambridge branch and they said that, yes, an appointment had been made for me, but they hadn't sent me a letter!! So they sent it out and I've had a week to complete the forms and send them back before our appointment with the andrologist.  It's this Wednesday (not tomorrow but the next day... can't wait) and because it's Cambridge we're going to make a day of it and go out to dinner too!

I'm busy making a new baby cross stitch for my friend who's having a boy in January... wondering if I'll ever get to do one for myself... looking hopefully forward... Laura

PS I didn't choose Laura37 so I hope nobody thinks that's my age, because it's not!!

• Options

Hi Laura

I have heard good things about cambridge clinic, my sister in law had a little girl last year via IVF and it worked first time for her, so fingers crossed for you and good luck on your first appointment, it can be very nerve racking.

I had BFN today but we knew it was going to happen as started to really heavy bleed on Wednesday, with clots and really sharp pains and ended up in hospital on Friday but feeling much better now and back at work to help keep my mind occupied. Will have to wait for the end of the week to find out where we go next. So will be relaxing with a well deserved glass of wine or two tonight.

keep us posted on how your appointment goes. xxx

• Options

Oh no - gutted for your BFN... I hope the next step is positive for you, but I think it involves a wait before another shot.

Regarding our appt, we got there over half an hour early as traffic was kind to us (2 hr drive via Thetford which is being dug up at the mo').  We saw a lovely urologist who examined my hubby and gave us unexpected news - he does have two vas deferens - not none as we were previously told.  But there's probably a blockage.  So in a few months' time we'll have to go back for his 'procedure' which is the SSR.  Seems like he'll need 2 weeks off work afterwards... I was expecting a couple of days, but two weeks!!  Then we had a posh dinner at the pub near the clinic before coming home (to avoid the traffic, we saidimage ).

So that's it for now.  Another wait but an optimistic one I feel.

Updates on how you're progressing will be sypathetically recieved.  Take care.  xxx

• Options

Well not so much of a wait this time: got a call today with dates in November for hubby's 'procedure'.  I went for the first date as I can't wait to get things moving!  And I asked how soon we'd be starting the IVF - they guessed at January, if all goes well next month!  So excited! xxx

• Options

That is great news Laura, lets hope the next couple of months fly by for you. .

i have been told that we can go again after next AF though and that we can have two embro's transferred and after reading that the live birth rate is higher (apart from all the risks) i am feeling a lot more positive.

I have been told that i can go again after my next AF but I am debating whether to wait till january to start again and get christmas out of the way first but it could be that i get to my next AF and decided to go ahead. I am not sure yet.

It is so exciting when things start to move forward especially if you have been waiting and trying for a long time.

Thank you for your sympathetic ear - it really is nice to feel like i am not alone in all of this.

P.S - Little Thretford was where my sister in law used to live so we know the area well image . x

• Options

Hiya

That is a tricky one - whether to wait until the New Year or to begin another cycle before Christmas - I don't know how I would feel at all.  As it stands for me I'm going to try to enjoy Christmas (I'll be working as I'm a carer and my client cannot manage on their own).  I would possibly worry that the clinic would be on a skeleton crew over the festivities if I needed any help, but don't know how true that really is! 

I'm sure that whatever you decide to do will be the right decision for you and your other half.  I hope Flo visits soon so you can make the decision yourself!

We've been told that we have to go to a seminar at the clinic before the initial IVF consultation: do they make your consultation on any day of the month or is it on a specific day of the cycle?  What do they do at the seminar and consultation?

• Options

Ladies,I have gone through serious fertility issues in the past and the fees of my treatment was so high that I opted for another option,I went to India for a good fertility treatment and consulted the best fertility clinic - Southend IVF and fertility.There gamets are tested as per international standards. I was really worried if it will work or not but Thanks to Southend and their helpful staff, I am going to give birth to a new life in just two months.

• Options

Hi Laura

We had a lot of appointments running up to our first consultation and also the clinic moved so we had a little extra wait, but our first appointment was to double check everything go through all the paperwork plus a few more blood tests and scan and then we were given our schedule as to when to start on the Suprecur nasal spray and what would happen.

As we get closer to AF, which should be sometime next week i am opting more to go ahead this side of Christmas. It will just mean that my 2ww will be about 2/3 weeks before Christmas itself... either an amazing Christmas present for us both or a very good New Year to drown sorrows image - every cloud and all that!

Congratulations Prarthana

• Options

Well, haven't been on here for a while, but our news is that we have had successful SSR and next week we have our 'seminar' at the Bourn Clinic before our first IVF consultation mid-December.  They say in the letter that they want to start treatment soon.  It's crazy to think that all we needed is now frozen at the clinic, now all we need is to get it defrosted and into me!!  I'm working this Christmas Day, hopefully not to work next year... might be off work next December!! image

LittleWish - how are you getting on? image