Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Here's to a HAPPY new year!!!!

Replies

• Options

Happy New Year Ladies. Hope you all had a lovely christmas, sorry i haven't been on here but seen as though i there was nothing to report and wont really be until the end of January, i decided to stay away and have a complete rest from the IVF world and i am so glad i did as i feel super positive now and ready for this year and what it entails for us all. FINGERS CROSSED EVERYONE.

• Options

omg..... just been reading back on the posts... Franks and Sweetjudy that is such amazing news what a perfect way to start the new year. I am sooo pleased for you both. xxx

• Options
    Heya everyone. I thought I would join this thread as I am starting my 1st cycle of icsi this month. I am very nervous. But after reading your posts its made it sound hundred times better hearing everyone else's stories I do not feel alone. I have my personal planning appointment tomorrow I am excited to be but very nervous. Xx
  • Options
    My story so far

Me 25 - no fertility problem

Dh 30 - very low sperm count

Been ttc for nearly 3 years. Got reffered august 2013 to fertility clinic for tests to find out dh has very low sperm count. The good news is I am in full working order. But the only way forward due dh low sperm count is to have icsi. After months of tests & i had to wait o be rebella vaccinated we are now ready to start our 1st icsi cycle this month. At last we feel like we are getting somewhere.
  • Options
    Hi everyone franks firstly stay calm the mid flow tests are not very reliable at this point and it could be wrong so you need to do everything you've been doing and take it easy! Were all here for you xxx

Alittlewish I was exactly the same steering clear until my appointment x

It's Friday this week for follow up and in writing done everything I can think of to ask about the last cycle.

Following my bleed on day 13 of the 2ww I didn't have another bleed for 32 days (cycle always 23-25 days) and today I have go af (with vengeance) on day 22! Poxy af ! Probably could have started straight away if I had another long cycle FFs!

Oh well onwards and upwards, after a long break from thinking about babies (yeah right they are everywhere ) I'm back and ready to be poked prodded and stabbed in the hopes of getting that allusive BFP!!

How's everyone doing ????
  • Options

Hello JustMarried and Welcome back.  FYI - I changed my name from Justmarried052513 to BCBG71.

@Wisher My Husband has low sperm count as well the count is 14 million but other numbers were low.  So we have to do IVF with ICIS.

@alittlewishforall - Glad you're back.  Good to hear from ladies from the older post.

@Levi Hey hope you're doing better as my fingers are crossed from everyone. 

As for me I started Femara yesterday and will have to take for 5 days to make sure I'm ovulating and then I have appt on 13th for a trial transfer and sonogram and will get my chart and go over injectables again.  Trying not to get too excited but ready to start with injectables so I can feel like Im getting somewhere.  I was so close in October and had to stop the procedure....

WE ALL DESERVE BFP...looking forward to hearing about more BFP

• Options
    Has anyone read kate brain book complete guide to ivf ? On other posts I have read good reviews about it & how people have found it useful. I Just ordered it off amazon. Every little helps x
  • Options
    Ok so quick catch up with everybody as took me ages to go backwards

I'm Leanne and my dh and I have been trying for nearly 4 yrs but wasn't "stopping it" for 6 yrs before that.

They found nothing wrong with either of us and only found out at first Ivf scan that my amh levels were low.

1st Ivf failed and were about to start cycle 2 xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies

Sorry to bring bad news but got def BFN today. Prob won't be around for a bit but wish everyone the best of luck in ur journeys.

Xxx
  • Options
    So sorry franks image x
  • Options

Franks - I am so sorry honey. You know that we are here if you need us! Take care xxx

• Options
    Oh franks I'm really sorry x. Do you not have to go for a blood test ? X
  • Options

ah franks that is gutting. i am so sorry to hear this.

Hey just married, it will probably mean that we are a couple of weeks apart as i have only just got AF after 34 days! since failed IVF they seem to have been all over the place. Before i was a solid 28 Day... grrrr. Oh well, I will be phoning the clinic tomorrow to check that it will be ok to start back on the nasal spray in 28 days time and i will keep you all posted.

Welcome to the forum Wisher, do you know your start date?

How are you feeling sweetjudy?

Hey Levi. Hope your ok. Keep your chin up hunny. New year New start.

Baby dust to all. xxx

• Options
    It will be nice to have you going through at same time image I just re read my follow up letter and it's a little confusing.

At my first meeting they said I would be using nasal spray and injections and the follow up letter says I had nasal spray but I was never given them?

Also

How do they grade the embryos as I'm hoping my letter had a mistyped number ! It's says grade 32
  • Options

hi girls,

oh Franks, i am so so sorry to hear that, life is so cruel. Can only just begin to think how you must feel. Take some time to yourself, we are here for you when you need us. big hugs hun xxxxxx

wisher welcome to the group, this is a wonderful bunch of ladies who can all give their individual take on IVF and their own experiences. It really does help to have someone in the same boat as you. I am starting Feb for round two, hope i can be some help and support to you xx

hayleigh i started on 187.5, it depends what your AHM results were, mine were 40 which is fairly high apparently. Its not an issue being on a low dosage its actually a good thing as they must think you only need a small amount. They are changing my dosage this time to 225 xx

alittlewish lovely to hear you return hun, best of luck in all the world this time hun xx

justmarried horaay nice to hear you as well, glad we are all gearing up to go again xx

BCBG ooh good glad to hear your excited, good luck with the injections this time!! xx

me, well just waiting for the 24th still, dh and i are on a massive fruit, water, nuts, veg and fish/protein diet as recommended by the clinic...to get healthy before next round. xx

• Options
    Hey levi, my AHM came back at 36, which isn't far off yours? Im not too clued up on what it means or how it works. Thanks for the info though image

in currently on day 4 of the gonal f, due a scan on Friday. Xx
  • Options
    Hi Levi good to hear from you please your also moving on to next step x keep talking it really helps me to hear everybody else's take on it.

I'm not worried about the injections or even egg collection (although thinking general this time) I'm more concerned about the anxiety during progesterone 2ww! I was a mess and I'm not usually an anxious person image

Welcome wisher hopefully the forum will be helpful to you as well x

Hayleigh almost there ! I apologise that I haven't been much help during this first bit. After our failure I needed to pretend I wasn't thinking about babies and just be me again as to be quite frank "i was crazy lol

I'm hoping that now I've done a cycle I will he more prepared but who knows when all those hormones get involved.

Good luck for your first scan it's very exciting x

If you need anything shout and I'm sure one of us will be able to help.

• Options
    Hey justmarried,

i can imagine everybody needs a little time away if the ivf fails, i hope ur next cycle is a BFP one, they do say the second one is the more successful because they have more of an idea on the drugs don't they?

thank you image x