Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First time IVF

2Β»

Replies

• Options
    Hi @sas1101 we were too late for my IUI last month and they have changed my drug regime this time to help increase the chances of ovulation so 🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻 Will be our 5th time trying IUI but still have hope. Just waiting for my period to start and then will take the drugs etc and book in for the insemination. Willl keep you updated. How’s things with you?Β 
  • Options
    Hi @Kazam2817 that's great and maybe a blessing in disguise that you didn't make last month with the drug changes. When is AF due? Are the drug changes Duffy to what you've tried in the past? I have everything crossed for you!! πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ’•

Unfortunately, I had another chemical pregnancy. I was devastated and spent a few days in bed but I'm back up and fighting. Have the go ahead to start another cycle in September 🀞🏻 Have a follow up with the consultant on Wednesday so I'm going to ask him if we can do anything differently this time. Xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 awe no hunni I’m so sorry to read that, I have had a few myself and never easy but am glad you’re doing better.

my period is due this week so should start taking drugs this week and scans and possible insemination next week so 🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻 The addition of fab shots this time works x
  • Options
    Thank you @Kazam2817 I'm hoping it'll be third time lucky for us 🀞🏻 

Ahh that's amazing you're starting this week. Will you be having insemination in around 2/3 weeks? It's all very exciting. Xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 I hope so. Just waiting on my period so that I can then start taking the drugs and shots and then will take it from there. Am trying to stay positive and not lose hope but we have been trying for so long it just never feels like it will be our turn.

However, to try and help things I have been seeing a dietitian to make sure I am getting all the nutrients I need not only to hopefully help get pregnant, but also to help maintain a healthy pregnancy throughout. I have also lost a stone (14lbs)Β  so far with this which is great as if the IUI is unsuccessful I at least now meet the NHS criteria for IVF so hopefully will begin that.

Am really hoping that between the new drug regime and the weight loss that it makes a difference this time.......Keeping everything crossed we are both successful this time. Do you have any idea of when it will be in September? xx
  • Options
    Wow well done on the weight loss! That's fantastic, I find a healthy body also helps with a healthy mind. I have been eating crap lately so going to get my butt out fora run this evening. Want to be fighting fit again for next transfer. Fingers crossed you won't need that IVF referral 🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻

I have my follow up at 5pm today so hoping for a few things I could possibly do differently but i think it'll probably be the same protocol as last time. They say that approx 60% of eggs collected have chromosomal abnormalities for a woman my age, so that could be the reason for my two chemicals from my IVF cycles. We transferred two best graded embryos you can get both times and they still didn't stick. Hopefully the two left are my lucky 40% 🀞🏻 I have my paperwork session on the 18th so can start from then. Of my cycles bouncy back I'll be CD5 then and will start my injections on CD21 that cycle. Just means my transfer will be late October/early November. It's such a loooonnnggg process. 

Hoping we both get the bfp we really deserve! Xx
  • Options
    @sas1101 It does feel like such a long process! I have PCOS which doesn't help but my dietician has been great with that. Did I ever ask how old you are? I am almost 38 and do feel like I am running out of time. Hopefully this month is it for us both xx
  • Options
    sas1101sas1101 Regular
    edited Aug 19, 2020 2:59PM
    @Kazam2817 I'm almost 39 so we are very close in age. My hubby is 11 years older and has children from a previous marriage but they are grown adults. They can't wait for a sibling!Β  we were hoping to have had our baby by now but it's taking longer than expected! My hubby was so naive going into this thinking it would happen straight away, and here we are are almost three years later πŸ˜‚

He panics at the thought of being 50 (next year) with a baby so Ive had to do some hard convincing for our second and now third attempt at IVF.

I wouldn't worry about age lovely, I'm on an IVF forum and there are lots of women having babies in their 40s with great eggs so you just never can tell. I'd keep going if it wasn't for my hubby and his age! πŸ™ˆ

However, I'm starting to get a little impatient now πŸ˜‚ Please keep me updated with your journey. Here if you need to rant about side effects of meds, men...anything. πŸ’•
  • Options
    I will do. My OH is 51 with grown up kids too. They are in their mid to late 20’s and talking about maybe having kids of their own but they still cannot wait to have another sibling. We have been trying for a while but it took a long time to find out I have PCOS. Really hoping the IUI works for us soon because we have been paying for it privately but it has been expensive. IVF is too expensive privately but our doctor has confirmed he will refer us for IVF now so we are just doing IUI in the meantime because you never know and I am impatient too lol.

Will defo kee you updated and same with you too although I might live our chat to DM x