Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Crappy day

I've been in hospital all day today and still am image I started getting contractions last night and thought they were just braxton hicks, but then they got really painful so hubby took me to the hospital this morning and it turns out I was actually having contractions and I had started dilating. Luckily my waters hadn't broken so they have put me on a drip of something and I am on strict bedrest till 23 weeks when they can do a test to detect if it will happen again. They have said that it is good that my waters didn't break and this happens to lots of people who then go on to carry a baby to full term. I just can't believe it, I am coming up 20 weeks, so not even quite half way yet. I'm so glad they managed to stop it, but I can't stop crying and I'm so scared.

And then to add insult to injury me and my husband have had a massive arguement as I really don't ever feel I am his priority, even now. So I am sat in a hospital bed, alone and scared image My mum and dad have paid for me to go privately so I can have my own room as I'll be in for a while and I have wireless so at least I can spend my days on here. Feeling so sorry for myself.

Just looking for some advice from someone who has maybe been through it. xxx

Replies

• Options
    BE ate my last post so here goes again.

Sorry your having a scary time, I hope your room is comfortable. You and OH have high stress levels at the moment and sometimes this can make you say and do things you wouldnt normally do. I hope he has a big bunch of flowers and a family size tin of chocolates for you to make you feel better.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.
    xxx
  • Options
    awww((hugs))
    i'm so sorry you're having to go through all this stress. i know it's not easy hun but at least youre in the right place. Even though your cervix was starting to dilate, it can often close its self up again and like the doctor says, you can go to full term. it's also good that your waters are intact too.
    hopefully this is just a blip and you can start to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy soon.

m x