Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight loss (the flabby bits)

Hi all havent been on here for a while i had a c section and just wondering how long it took u to lose your weight round the tummy and the love handles,
my first was a normal birth and didnt take to long to go back to normal but this time its takin for eva doing lots of exercise and watching what i eat!
Do you go back to normal or is there always a tummy bit there

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I had a c-section 5 months ago and am nearly back to my previous weight but the only thing that is hanging around is the flabby belly - midwife gave me some exercises after he was born but I was so not bothered - threw them away but wish I hadn't now!

I hope there isn't always a tummy bit there! I miss my flat belly!!

xx
  • Options
    hi, sorry to disappoint but my midwife, hv and doc said some people never lose the flabby bit because of the fact that you were cut it ruins all your muscles.i have been told the only way you can get rid of mine completely is by having a tummy tuck.xx
  • Options
    You could always ask for a tummy tuck at the same time as having a section if you have another one LOL. My lo is now 7 months old and I still have the belly bit and I've been doing alot of exercise altho Im the same dress size and weight that bit hasn't gone and my hipster style jeans don't fit like they used too. image
  • Options
    sorry to say but in my experience and from talking to m/w etc, your never the same. Ive had 3 c-sections, and each time I have been left with more and more flab. Im really struggling this time round to shed the weight, and im still a size bigger in clothes, even though im back to my pre preg weight....
    caz xx
  • Options
    I had a section in aug 06 and fell pregnant agen in oct 07 and in that year and abit i had lost my baby weight but still had this saggy wobbly bit on my tummy that i just cud not shift. Im thinking surgery is the only option (im convinced the surgen stitched me up wrong after my section, lol). Also that bit of my tummy is still really numb and i have no feeling in it. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• Options
    I know older ladies who had sections years ago and they still have the numb sensation and still have that little bit of flabby tummy just above their scars.
    I waited 4 months after my 1st section to do sit ups and they did help quite a bit. This time I have really bad tummy muscle separation so god knows when I will be able to do proper exercise! At the moment I can't even see my scar when I look in the mirror as my tummy hangs over it, NICE!
  • Options
    I am 5 moths down the line and about back to pre preg weight/size but...............flabby tummy. Boo. V slim under bust, ribs and then from the side I have this huge expanse of skin that I can squeeze and move around. Hipster jeans are a no no now and tops need to be extra long to hide it. I hate how it feels as b4 I had a lovely toned and flat tummy. Does anyone know of anyone with c sections whose tummy is flat? (apart from posh spice)
  • Options
    i may annoy people but mine is slowly going down i had my daughter in april this year. i havent done any exercise apart from re paint the kitchen and bathroom. Maybe its down to the surgeon and how they stitched you back, although i was a gym freak before and only had a small bump due to strong tummy muscles, so maybe its muscle condition when the op was performed. im not sure, but celebs manage it with personal trainers, maybe gym is the only fix!!
  • Options
    oh good. i cannot see my scar under the roll of blubber that i now call my stomach!!! so i am super gald that someone else can't either! mine is 3 weeks old scar - and still healing... so i am not brave enough yet to lift up the blubber and have a look!
  • Options
    I had my section 17 days ago and can squeeze into just one pair of my old jeans. I've slimmed right down, but ot quite to what I used to be. My scar is relatively flat, apart from a lumpy bit at one end. But it's obviously too early to tell if it'll stay that way - I hope it doesn't!
  • Options
    can you zip them up though mrs greggy - as if i did that it would hurt my scar like hell!
    i can't bear anything near it let alone the thought of zipping up trousers....
  • Options
    yes yes yes!!!!! well i sort of went on a little diet and rode a bike a bit and the weight has fallen off me tho i still have a flabby belly but it looks flat and the love handles are dissipearing now sorry cant spell that word!
    How evrey1 else gettin on and its taken me a yearish to lose the weight!image
  • Options
    I had a c-section 5 months ago and i am nowhere near my pre-pregnancy weight and i have a horrible flabby tummy! Iv been eating well and i walk everywhere but im still 2 stone overweight! I am looking into having a tummy tuck as it is the only way (unless you are lucky or a size zero straight after birth) you will ever get a flat tummy again! :\(