Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

a few questions!

Hi all,

Just wanted some help really. I am 32 and have 3 children. All were c-section births. First was an emergency due to baby's distress and failure to progress. Then the next 2 were planned c-sections as all my babies were 10lb+ and the consultant said there was little chance of a natural birth due to my pelvis size! My children are now 11, 8 and 2. In my last pregnancy I developed Gestational Diabetes and had to inject myself twice a day. However after the birth this went instantly and there were no problems with the baby.

My questions are:

As my first c-section was so long ago - would another one (no 4) be safer as it was so long ago?

Would I develop Diabetes if I fell again?

Would wanting another baby be selfish? (I know this one is personal opinion but feel free to tell me!)

What is the jump from 3 - 4 like?

I am kind of at the point were it is now or never but I am going back and forward and can't seem to make a decision - so any advice would be gratefully received! x

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I'm having my 4th c-section in July (children aged 5, 3, and my youngest is 1 in 2 weeks) so on that point I don't thinks its an issue,
    I think you could be prone to GD, but you would have to ask your gp about that. No I don't think you would be selfish wanting a 4th and I'll let you know about the jump in 3 months!!
    Good luck - I always wanted a big family and can't wait now
    Taffygirl x