Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ingrowing hairs/spots

Is it normal to get the odd ingrowing hair and spot actually ON your incision scar?
mine is 8 months old, and i have had these a few times.
sorry if tmi, just wondered if it is normal or not?
xx

Replies

• Options
    hi, i get ingrown hairs on mine so if its not normal ur not the only one! x
  • Options
    i get the odd one too...and my scar is 11yrs old!
  • Options
    I get the odd spot, but I think thats cos I've got a muffin top lol
  • Options
    yep i get them all the time its sooo anoying but i do love popping the spots and diggin the hairs out lol
  • Options
    lol tinkerbell thats minging!! haha!
    glad youve all got spotty, hairy scars too! haha!
    xx
  • Options
    il have even more wen i have amy in a few weeks and i hope there is a massive 1 that bursts all ove the wanker that is cutting me open lol xxx
  • Options
    Ingrown hairs are a huge problem on all types of scars in 'hairy' areas. My hubby has a big scar across his jaw and although hair doesn't grow inside the scar (it's about 1inch wide) he gets them round the edge all the time and I have to dig them out for him. Also, I have a scar going downwards in the bikini area that was from an op when I was pregnant before and they were trying to save my daughter in 2003 and that always gets ingrown hairs and spots. Prob going to have to have a c section with this baby so I will have a lovely + shaped scar!!