Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Emergency c-section

Two weeks ago today I had an emergency c-section. Yesterday I realised that the area where the scar is feels numb. Has anyone had the same feeling after a c-section? I didn't have any complications and everything went well. Let me know please.

Thank you, xx

Replies

• Options

hiya hun,

ive had two c-sections, one 2yrs ago one 8mnths ago and im still numb, just a small patch about the size of a peach, iyswim, my doctor wasnt concerned as he knew everything had gone to plan, checked me over and im fine, i think its from the 1st one still as i noticed before lola arrived! Dont worry xxx

• Options

Hey hun,like Lau I've had 2 sections-last 1 13mths ago-only just got rid of numbness!!!

Don't worry-think everyone has that. x

• Options

Hi,Mireia.

I had just the one section,12 weeks ago.I have numbness the whole way across the scar,just below it.My SIL had a section 6 years ago,and she still has numbness.Sounds like it's a common thing.

• Options

I had 2 sections 15mths apart and my scar was still numb until my youngest was about 12mths old.  I was told its perfectly normal because your nerve endings are cut during the surgery and they take the longest to heal.

At 3-4 won't weeks it won't be anywhere near completely healed, as long as you know you have no complications from the wound then just give it time.  If your worried mention it to your GP when you have your 6wk check.