Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I dont know what to do.

Hello

I am 20 wks pregnant and worried about what to do.

I have a little girl DaIsy who is 14 months old. When i went into labour with her everything seemed fine, and i went to my local hospital, i was bleeding heavely with every contraction so i got blue lighted to our city hospital, and within 2 hours Daisy arrived fine and healthly and i had a tear in the placenta - which was why i was bleeding.

This time they wont let me go to our local hospital - due to my bmi being 1 over!!!! (i weigh less now than i did with Daisy) They are trying to get me to have the baby at home (they tell me its the same as going to the local hospital), im really unsure - my husband does'nt want to drive me to the city hospital after what happened last time, and Daisy arriving so quickly.

I would appriate anyone's opion, who has had a home birth or plan to have one. I am so worried - i just dont know what to do.

Sylvie x

Replies

• Options
    I am having my baby at home as they won't let me have my baby at the midwife unit i had my last 2 children in as my BMI is too high. They have also said i can not have a waterbirth in hospital. Although all of my children have been waterbirths!

I am more than happy with this as my first was born at home (and i was heavier then) and i only had my last 2 at the midwife unit as we had just moved and the house wasn't really ready and the local midwife wasn't that keen But this time the midwife is more than happy to support me in having a home/waterbirth. The hospital consultant is also happy enough for me to have a home birth.

Being at home has a lot of really positive things going for it, Like being in your own home with your own things around you can help you feel much more relaxed! There are no nasty hospital bugs at home, and you haven't got that horrible drive to hospital while you are in labour. But if there is any kind of problem while you are in labour they will transfer you to the hospital just like they did before! No problem.

I would highly recommend a home birth.
    Best wishes
    xx
  • Options
    thanks Michelle - reading the homebirth story's on here have really helped - when i have told people i may opt for a home birth., i either get a funny look - or they say your brave. I only had gas and air before, and i think they bring that with them with there little box of tricks. So i am swaying more to the idea.
  • Options
    pools are lovely.

and they can't kick SO out and make you listen to all the other babies and their mothers crying all night. You own bed is a wonderfull place to end up after birth.
  • Options
    I agree with that, it is lovely to be in your own bed after.

I also felt so much more comfrtable in my own surroundings during labour and found labour much more easier to deal with.