Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

vbac home birth?

hi, just wondering really (not even ttc yet, will be in march) if anyone knows about having a ho????me birth after a section? i had an em c section in march this yr due to a failed induction (induced at 40+3 due to high bp) and ideally i wld love to go to the birth centre where i had planned to have my son, but i know this isn't possible having had a prev c section, i live 5-10minute drive from the hospital where i ended up having him and wld love to avoid going there as i hate it there, was awful and far too busy, which i feel is partly why things started to take a turn for the worst, and apparantly they shld never have induced me and i feel if i went there again they wld abe all to ready to section me again without letting me have a proper 'try'. the next nearest hospital tho is a good 1hr15minutes away so tahst not really an option. OH is not so keen, purely cos had i not been at hospital last time the outcome cld've been worse and i've been trying to explain to him that iw asonly induced because i was there (iyswim), if i went into labour naturally it wld be a whole different kettle of fish. also i'm very keen on a water birth but the hospital doesn't have a pool and even if they did they prob wldn't let me use it, can u have a home water birth for a vbac? so after that ramble if anyone has any experience of this then i wld be grateful.

thanks again xxx

si????n and austin (8months) xx

Replies

• Options
    hi siany
    your posts are always v informative so i hopefully can help you out here... if you havent already found it lol!
    if you go to www.homebirth.org.uk there is a section on the left hand side, go to ...'you cant have a homebirth because...' and then in there go to the previous c-section and there should be links to the whole VBAC section, there are also loads of stories on there of people who have had successful VBACs - may be very useful for convincing your OH

good luck, hope you get what you want and enjoy the TTC in MArch!!image

Jane
  • Options
    hi i am a member of a local h/b support group and last months meefing was on HVBAC where i met a couple of ladies who had had a HVBAC and 1 who had a homebirth after 3 sections! There was also a independent midwife who had delivered a lady at home who had 4 sectionsimage ( she has a video on you tube search planning an unusual home birth and there is a link to HVBA4C both are worth watching!) You might find you need to "fight" for it but if you want a home birth then go for it!image It is possible!!

xx