Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

me again.......

do i need to pack bottles, baby blanket and the such for the hospital? xx

Replies

• Options

my hospital provided the ready made bottles that you snap a teat onto, BUT ive heard some dont, id ask your midwife.

I took a blanket for both children as it smelt like home and i wanted a special one to bring them home in, they both still have them in there beds!

• Options
    aww bless.... im at a real loss with this packing business... its supposed to be the easy bit  isnt it?? lol xxx
  • Options

i got in a right stress packing to have jack, you cant guess what you will need and everyones different,

then when i had him it all had to be sent home because he was so tiny so nothing fitted, that was a right nuisance!

with lola i was better prepared, although i completely overpacked!

One thing i couldnt have been without was my dressing gown and slippers x

• Options
    lol i dnt think my dressing gown would fit.... it is huuuge lol xxx
  • Options
    mine didnt i just folded on top of my bag, i had to have it when i had lola in november it was freezing! nearly all the mums had one.
  • Options
    ok ill take it then lol xx
  • Options

Hi hun,take more than you need-then you wont have to send any visitors out on an emergency shopping tripimage

• Options
    lol gd plan... think il prob b doin it on my own anyways so there wont be many people to send.... i think thats my biggest worry.... xxx
  • Options

Awww no visitors???? Where are ya-I'll pester ya if your'e close enough!!!!!image

Have you made a list hun? Always best if your'e anything like I was-babybrain,forgetting everything-best to have  achecklist x

• Options

yes deff take a dressing gown!!!image hehe, seriously though, in the first few days its nice just to throw something comfy on when you need the loo or after your baths etc.

watch it cat she will, mumabear, stalker extraordinair! 

• Options

Ssssshhhh Lau don't put her off!!!!! AW I'm good company honest Cat!!!!!

Mm I had a nice big dressing gown,but christ it was hot in the hospital-but as Lau said handy to throw round ya!!!!

• Options

i must feel the cold, i even had one when jack arrived in july!

she is lovely honestly cat! * backs away * hahaha! x

• Options

OH Lau OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't back away!!!!!image

• Options

I always take my dressing gown and I treat myself to new slippers too.I like my comfort aids.I always pack too much.I had a big handbag for purse,phone,pen,little bits.Then baby's bag had three babygros,three vests,loads of nappies,pack of wipes.Don't forget Sudocrem.They say you don't need it,but newborn poo sticks like well only newborn poo does and Sudocrem makes it easier to clean.I had a massive holdall(big enough to have wheels on) for my stuff.I like comfy pyjamas too(Granny me)I also had a bit of a snack stash in there.Hospital snacks cost lots and they feed you at set times,sometimes you're hungry in between ,especially if you're breastfeeding.I took a whole pack of nappies and three of pads,three packs of disposable pants.Spare feeding bras.More spare baby clothes in my bag too.I did also have another bag ready to be brought in if I stayed in,which this time I needed.Merlin was sick a lot because he had formula,so he got through loads of clothes.I had the car seat and coat ready for Darren to bring when he picked us up to come home.

When I had Harry I was in for a week.I had to ask Darren to bring me more clothes,which bless him he did.Only they were the ones I save for housework,or didn't fit,or just plain didn't like.I learnt my lesson and have some ready the next time.

I didn't take blankets,just muslins.Partly the washing thing,if they make a mess of the hospital ones you just stick it in their laundry bin and get a new one.Merlin got through lots

• Options
    wow thanks!!! that will sort my baby brain out xxxx
  • Options
    Ive heard you have to take EVERYTHING with you. Clothing, pads, baby clothes etc
  • Options

Please do not take bottles. At least give BF a try as its best for you and your baby.

all those lists you get i ignored them as unless you are a complete social isolate you will get visitors who can bring stuff in anyway. Depends on the hospital but there were free nappies, wipes and so on. Just take pj's, slippers, toiletries for yourself and babygrows for the baby and a hat in case your baby has temperature probs. My daughter had to wear a weird knitted hat donated by someone as we didnt pack a hat. She didn't care though image