Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone had planned csec earlier than 39wk as baby measuring bigger?

Im due to see consultant on 4th April for csec date which ive been told they usually do at 39wks.

At midwife app today i was told baby is breech which isnt an issue if having csec but she also said baby measuring 2wk bigger than she should be.

Has anyone had this and ended up having csec early at like 38wk? is it an accurate measuring technique or could they be wrong and baby normal size? ds was 9lb so was hoping for little one! lol x

Replies

• Options
    If your ds was 9lbs I'm afraid its not likely you will get one much smaller. My baby is currently measuring 7lb 6oz at 36+5! Baby has been measuring approx a lb bigger than average from 28 weeks but I'm booked in for 39 weeks. They may question your dates but because you've already had a big one they probably won't. If you have a c-section at least you won't have to push a big one out!!!

Let us know how you get on

xx
  • Options
    I was measuring 41 weeks at 36 weeks and they talked about early induction at 38 weeks but nothing was done. They kept saying it was all baby too so told me to expect a big one.

Despite this, they let me go 9 days overdue and when labour didn;t progress they sent me for a c section because they thought baby was just too big to come out. In the end, I was glad they did let me go to 10 days over, as baby was only 6lb9!

they can get it wrong, the consultant told me it could be up to 20% under or over their measurements. However, if your first was 9lb it is unlikely that this bubba will be much smaller. I would ask your consultant about an early section.