Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C-section after 3 hours of pushing - pelvic floor gone - help!

I had an emergency c-section on Monday after my baby was stuck due to being back to back and her head looking up - I went into theatre after 2.5 hours of pushing and continued to push for another 30 mins while they examined me to see if they could avoid a section. As I pushed for so long and had about 10 different examinations including the consultant shoving his whole hand inside me to try and turn baby's head my pelvic floor is non existent to the point where I am peeing all the time - even though the c-section was awful and my poor baby girl has a black forehead and top of her head this is getting me down big time and I don't know if it will get better - can anyone offer some advise pls?

Replies

• Options
    I pushed for 15 mins with an epidural so prob couldn't feel damage was doing (episiotomy and internal tear)and was wetting myself for at least a week afterwards.

Now 9 weeks on i can feel my lady bits and although still a bit leaky i am 100 times better. make sure you do as many pelvic ex as possible as although it may urt it will help with haling,

you will recover i am sure and if not there are lots of things that can be done

i had a c section with 1st baby and i think the pain post natural birth was worse than c section

don't beat yourself up, you did so well so concentrate on recovery x
  • Options
    i had the same as you 3 hours of pushing and a c section after failed forcepts, i got some exercises from the physio but i'm not sure if that because i was in hospital for so long after, the were on a little leaflet for post section ladies, i would ask your midwife if you can see a physio or at least get the information for the exercises, i just get stress incontince now but its only since i have been pregnant again that i have had this so need to start doing them everyday again!