Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

VBAC or elective C-section.... can't decide?

Im sooooooooo confused. Had an emergency c section with DS due to failiure to progress and him becoming distrssed. I always thought that second time around, I would just opt for C section, but now am in 2 minds about having a VBac, but just can not make up my mind. I have plenty of time think about it, as I am only 10 weeks pregnant, but would love some feedback from those of you who have had a VBAC, successfull or unsuccessful. I just want some advice from people who have actually been there.

Thanks Ladies xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey, I haven't had my second yet and am in the same position as you so just thought i'd share my thoughts.

After my 12 week scan (tomorrow) I'm going to book in for a VBAC class. I'm not sure how they work and how many people go to them, but I think they are quite new because they are trying to get the c-section rate down.

My main concern is that my pelvis is too narrow and my body just physically won't give birth naturally. Because I had to be induced last time I do fear that my body isn't cut out for giving birth!

If they can measure my pelvis and look back at the details from my first birth (emcs due to failure to progress and he was distressed) and say that they think that i have a good chance of having a natural birth this time, then I am willing to try, but if they tell me that it is very unlikely, then I will opt for a planned c-sec.

I think it does depend on why your first c-sec was performed and also, how much it means to you to try and get a natural birth. Some people really don't mind and would rather know a date for a section so that they can plan all the practicalities.

Will keep chatting in due in nov too image xxx
  • Options
    Hi There I Had A EMCS With My First Due To Baby Being In Distress An They Couldnt Check Her Oxygen Level Anyway I Had A Successful VBAC Last Year And It Was The Best Experience Ever. I Thought It Would End In Another EMCS Because Of My Scar But Fortunatly Didnt. Im Now Due To Have VBAC2 In July And I Cant Wait. At Least With Haveing A VBAC You Havent Got To Worry About Your Scar Again And If There Isnt Any Other Reason For Why You Had A Section (like MummyMb Said) Then Your More Likely To Give Birth Naturally Hope This Helps image And Stay Positive With Whatever You Decide X x
  • Options
    hi, i had an emcs with my first and an elcs wuth my second...i didn't give my final decision until i was 38+3...the plan then was that i was to have a cs at 40+ but if i did happen to go into labour i would try a vbac...my dd arrived at 40+4 by elcs....u don't need to make a decision until 36weeks (usually ur last appt, but dd was still breech at that point hence my decision being later)x