Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

an old birth story

im just putting this in here because webed is closing our March forum and id like to be fit to look back every now and then on my births. Hope you guys dont mind.

After 17 months of TTC and another 9 long months of pregnany i cant believe im finally getting to write this!

Ok, on Monday 22nd i had consultants appointment, he done a sweep and i had felt uncomfortable all day from it, At 6.50pm while sat on facebook i started to get contraction pains every 10 minutes, i was sure these were just more BH but also aware that because of the sweep it might have been the "real" thing.

I put Ellie to bed and got into the bath where they went straight to 4 minutes apart, got out of the bath and rang the in-laws to come and stay with Ellie and we headed off to the hospital at 9.30-ish. In the car the contractions slowed to 10-12 minutes apart but speeded up as we approached the hospital which i was glad about as i was convinced we were only going to be told it was BH and sent home! LOL

Got to the assessment unit and it was so busy i was standing for about 30 minutes waiting to be seen where the contractions came every 1-2 minutes! i was afraid i was going to give birth on the floor so i asked again how long it would take to be seen.Tthe MW sent me up to the midwifery led unit [where i gave birth to Ellie and where i wanted to have this baby too] they found me to only be 4 cms dilated and she gave me another sweep and told me to go out to the car with hubby to get my suitcase [and take the stairs while i was at it!!! LOL]

Anyway i rang everyone to say i was indeed in labour but it might be a while, by this time it was well after 11pm. I still wasnt in a lot of pain but by 11.30 i was on the gas and air. At 1.35 am i got the urge to push and as i was pushing and Lucie was crowning the MW seen that she was back to back and the cord was wrapped tightly around her neck and i was told to turn from the all fours position on the floor to lye on my back and as soon as i done this i felt he head being born, about 30 seconds passed and i pushed her on out into the world at 1.41 am.

I didnt have the injection for the placenta to come away but it came away on its own after about 5 minutes. I didnt have any stitches but did have 2 big grazes from where i had to turn aorund while crowning and having the cord unwrapped at the same time.

I am much sorer this time round and have had quite sore afterpains that i never had with Ellie but she is so very worth every little niggle and pain.

Lucie Eva Jane, born the 23rd March at 1.41am. xxxx