Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had my 4th section!!!!!!!!

I had my little boy via c-section on 9th June it was my 4th c-section, the spinal was brilliant the only time it didnt hurt being put in, The spinal went slightly high but they pu thte table up slightly to bring it down quicker, it took about 20mins to get to him due to scar tissue but there was no problems at all the addeshions were minimal for a 4th section the surgon said baby was born at 12.12pm a healthy baby boy Oscar Flynn weighing 8lb12oz and 53cm long, I was also steralized during the section which did make the operation take a little longer it took about 50 mins to steralize and sew me back up i was in recovery at about 1.15pm. I had to have a drain in my wound this time and iv never had one of them before but it wasnt as bad as i expected the pain in my scar wasnt to bad afterward but more in my tummy due to the steralizing the midwifes said, i had my drain removed on the friday night 36hrs after surgery, im now on day 9 and im healing well so far i had indevidual stiches which iv never had before always had runner stich r dissolvable onece, the stiches were tight so they caused a bit of discomfort but they took half out on day 5 and the rest out on day 7, i can move alot better since there out, just doing lots of rest now and taking my time to recover im not pretending to be super woman theres no point iv had a baby and major abdominal surgery and been steralized too so iv had alot of work done so im definatly taking time, luckily i have a fantastic support network here with my hubby and mum looking after my other 3 girls,

I wanted to write my story as when i was pg with my little boy i struggeled finding people who have had 4 sections and i was so scared at the begininnig, all my sections were close together jan 2006, jan 2007, feb 2010 and june 2011 i also had a D&C in march 2009, hope this helps some ladies im so glad i went on to have my little boy as now i really feel my family is complete with my 3 girls and my 1 little man. my 4 children are my world and im glad that i have sucefully had 4 sections and im safe and healthy afterwards. xxx

Replies

• Options
    congratulations! glad ur little lad arrived safe and well, thank you for sharing your story, it's great to hear of fourth sections, as there are so many people who still think that once u have three sections ur 'not allowed any more'....congtratulations again...

Welcome to the world Oscar xx
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON UR SON!!!!

im in a kind of similar situation as u, apart from the fact ive got 3 girls with c-sections and im thinking of a 4th, but really scared on how the doctors will behave with me. my hubby and i would love our fourth child to be a boy and complete our family, but im also worried wat if its another girl??? will the doctors let me have a 5th with a c-section???

wat u think? any opinions would be appreciated.
  • Options
    my doc didnt say no to a 5th but advised against it but it was our desision we couldnt afford a 5th or have the space for a 5th, so we would have stopped if it was a girl too, i think go for it if its what you want maybe ask to see if your hospital notes mention anything about scar tissue insidde as i was always told mine was minimal, it did take longer this time though, xx
  • Options
    Hiya,

I will be having my 3rd CSEC in Jan/Feb 2012 and I want to be sterilized. I will talk with my consultant at my 20 week appointment but did they agree straight away? I'm only 22 and worried they will say I'm too young, but I am certain this is my last baby.

Any advice would be appreciated

Congratulations on your baby boy!

LadyBump3 xx
  • Options
    they offered me to be steralized after 3 but i said no as i wasnt 100% sure i wanted it, but i knew i wanted to stop atfer 4, so they agreed straight away. xxx
  • Options
    Thanks, hope they offer me one! xx
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your thread!!!

I am in the same position as you were and really want a 4th baby but as with you it will be my 4th c section.

The doctors have scared me telling me the risks and was quite worried but you have made me feel much more positive about TTC now!!!

Did you have any other problems in the 4th pregnancy that you didn't have with the other ones??

Thanks Louise xxxxxximage
  • Options
    nothing at all, all my pregnancies were fab, really smooth, i wouldnt let a 4th section put you off, yeah the risks increase slightly but not much different to a 3rd section, xx
  • Options

I needed to hear that. Thanks. I'll be having my 4th c-section soon. My doctor wants me to scedual @ 39 wks. My original due date is Sep 3. I'm a bit nervous but it was comforting reading your story. Congrats on your 1st baby boy, this will be my 3rd boy and I have 1girl and she's the oldest.

• Options

thank u i have had three boys all by elective c sections me and and my partner want a nother one next year had no promblems with all mine apart from i had a drain with c section which was nothing and my blood pressure went a bit low with my last boy he will be 2 in march next year we really want to try for a girl this is my last chance  if  a boy will still be great but i think to my self if i dont go for it i mite not never know if i could have the little girl i long for i went saw my doctor about it but she said i was being selfish for wanting a nother one cause i could end up leaving my 3 boys with no mum she made me cry i am so scared about a 4 section but i have freinds that have had 4 sections and they been fine doctors never said after my last one not to have anymore but after reading your bit  its made me feel better and it was very comforting and i really did need to hear it from someone thats actully been through it them selfs

• Options

Congrats hun x

• Options

im having my 4th child is jan2016,im so worried because after the 2nd and the 3rd they advised me not to have anymore due to my scar tissue.... dont kno what to do...

so very worried for my children that is already here...

• Options

So Scared,i was also told after my 3rd C-section to make it my last ,the surgeon said my stomach muscle was very thin,our 3 other babies were planned,they were advising to tie my tubes @ 3rd section,but I thought I was in control,i had pre-eclampsia in my last 3 pregnancies too,so when I got this BFP 8 weeks into pregnancy I was terrified,the docs don't seem too worried,im having a lot of appointments at the hospital and so far everything is running smoothly,im very anxious about my 4th section too,im actually terrified,so all going well I will have my 4th C-section in about 6 weeks time!!

• Options

He I have had 3 sections Feb 09 March 11 and oct 14.  I got told me tissues is thin and have a fair bit of scar tissue , and my bladder attached it's self and took them a while to pull back down after my third , we I have just found I am pregnant and already had panic attacks , I suffer from them after my 3 section and aniiexy please help I don't know what to do 

• Options

congratulations 😊 x I've just had my 3rd c-section, I've been advised not to have anymore children, due to an adhesion mine is basically. I was told that my uterus is stuck to my right side of tummy wall. Was very scared being told this. But I do want a 4th baby. But not if my life and babies life could be on the line. I did ask to be told during 3rd c-section what the condition. Of my uterus was now in just panicking about this.

• Options

what are you going to do I am stuck in middle I obv dont want to risk my life but then I got to live with what if , you don't seem to get straight answers 😡

• Options

Also  if it was bad surely they should have just sterilised me there and then after my 3rd 😁 I really don't have a clue what to do X 

• Options

Hi! I know you wrote this post a long time ago but I thought I would reach out. I am in a similar boat as I am nervous to become pregnant with a fourth knowing I will have a 4th c-section. I really don't feel "done" in the baby department. I have 3 little boys and I would love a girl but a boy would be just as wonderful. I just think 4 is my number. However I have read about the risks etc. My dr. Says that I didn't have too much scar tissue etc. And a 4th should be fine but I just get nervous. Any advice?

• Options

I am in a similar situation you were in. I am actually terrified and it has made worse as midwife told me that senior doctor is also going to be there due to my 3rd section being a bit difficult and i lost a lot of blood. The thought of leaving my babies breaks my heart. I am due in 3 months time. I hope your went well.....

• Options

Did everything go ok on your 4th?