Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twins may be here in 2 weeks......32 weeks

Hiya. Im expecting fraternal twin boys. Had a million problems. First one being one of them had a serious case of hydrops due to parvovirus. He had a tramsfusion at 21 weeks and was fully recovered by 26 weeks. So thought that was the end of that problem. Had a routine growth scan at 28 weeks and they said twin 1 was a bit small (on the 10th percentile) and twin 2 (the one with the hydrops) was healthly going along the 50th percentile. They said they'd scan again at 30 weeks which was yesterday to make sure they are going along the lines and not developnig IUGR. Well turns out that twin 1 is naturally a small baby but all of a sudden twin 2 has dropped from the 50th percentile to the 10th. Twin 1 gained 11oz in 2 weeks and twin 2 only gained 3oz. They are doing a doppler scan next week and another growth scan the week after unless the doppler shows up something then I will be admitted for steroids, bed rest and regular doppler scans. The consultant said that they would be delivering at 32 weeks if his growth doesnt speed up. Im petrofied!!!!! I have 3 children under the age of 6 at home already and the school hols will be ruined for them, plus I just want my twins to be ok. I was wondering if anyone had either had problems with growth, or are in the same situation in regards to other children or have been and how they coped. My OH is a massive support to me and my friends xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi, I'm not at all in the same situation, I didn't have any other children at home or have problems with growth.

I had my twins at 32 weeks after bleeding and then haemorrhage from 28 weeks (had steriods) and wanted to say good luck to you. when they say rest it's really important that you do - I rested compared to what I had been doing, but not totally and ended up living in hospital for about 3 weeks - that would be very hard for you with your other children (or easier because you'd have no choice but to rest?) but it's not good is it.

Your twins with be in NeoNatal for a good while once they arrive, mine were lucky to only have a month.

Look up info on Bliss about this if you've not been through it before, it's difficult, but guess it's essential to get them better.

Good luck to you and let me know how you get on x