Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

40 weeks plus 4 days with high cervix

I am 40 weeks and 4 days and went for a sweep today but the midwife was unable to do it as she said my cervix was too high. I really don't want to be induced but she has booked me in for 6 days time if nothing happens naturally. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and does it mean that because my cervix is high I am more likely to need to be induced? I am so fed up now image

Replies

• Options
    Hi i was in same boat as you 12 months ago. had a posterior cervix so first attempted sweep was a no brainer! mw told me i was unfavourable and highly likely for induction. i went into a natural labour at 41+3 in the evening and my ds was born at 41+4 in the early hours - i had an 'easy' labour on only gas and air, minor tear and no drama...dont give up all hope - everyone is different and a lot can change in a very short space of time. good luck. xxx
  • Options
    Thank u, that has given me hope. Fingers crossed he comes before Tuesday, maybe his just being lazy image
  • Options
    Hi. I am in the same situation. 2 Failed attempts at sweeps as both times cervix was still too high. Its really disheartening isn't it. My induction is booked for a week today so hoping baby comes over next few days. One of my best friends is a GP and keeps reassuring me that things can start happening at any tieso I am still hopeful. Good luck. Pickles, 40 weeks.
  • Options
    Still no baby image convinced I'll be induced now tuesday but there are still a few days for my little man to work it out by himself. Good luck to you....hope all goes well whatever the outcome image
  • Options
    g/c but just wanted to say good luck to all the overdue ladies as i know how frustrating it was for me last year. im hoping to see your ba's next time im on here!! take care and good luck xxx