Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Placenta covering previous c section scar

Hello

i had my 20 week scan the week before Christmas. With my 1st pregnancy I had a low anterior placenta so was re-scanned at 30 weeks, by which time the placenta had moved. However I still ended up having an emergency c section due to the baby being in distress.

This time they have said the placenta is low again and is currently covering my scar. I'm booked for a rescan and am hoping it will move again, but does anyone know what the implications are if the placenta stays over the scar? Does it just make the c section more complicated??

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I've not had c-sec myself but my sister & mother both had 2c-secs. I believe they generally try to make the incision in the same place if they can (think it has something to do with reducing strain on tissue if you want more children). If the placenta is in that area, I think they would then have to move the incision point as they normally deliver baby before placenta but am certain they will discuss all options with you when it arises. Best wishes.
  • Options

<span style="mso-ascii-font-family: Calibri; mso-hansi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: black;">My c-section scar was raised and stayed for a long time. It made me self conscious.. I tried a bunch of cheap creams, like the stuff you get at CVS, but it didn’t really work. .<span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif';"> I used this cream inviCible scars for around 3 weeks and have seen a difference in the texture as it has lightened that portion to a great extent.it might gonna take no more than a week to get invisible I assume. After doing tremendous researches , I finally looked forward in buying this product.. I may use it further more to complete the course because I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time. Consult the website if you want any more details