Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Friend in labour agghhh!

ok so got a call from my friend last night saying she was getting pain ect and was to go to hosp, as im her birthing partner i rushed to hosp, she has been in pain for week and has always been fobbed off (she is only 17) got to the hosp and they monitored her and checked her she is 1cm dilated and babys is down, told her to go home have a bath and take some paracetamol, so she came home with me and she is in pain and dont think she gonna cope with labour image other half isny happy that she is here but sorry i wouldnt leave a 17 year old by herself in labour, her mother wasnt bothered. feeling its gonna be a long labour process lol, ive sent her for a bath and were going to have a long walk to shops and take her for lunch see how it goes! only thing is ment to be my first night out in 6 months and dont realy want to drink much incase she needs me lol!! xx

Replies

• Options
    How did your friend's labour go lisabby?

It sounds like you are a really great friend, I certianly wouldn't want to be on my own in labour (no matter how early on) and I'm 27! I hope that things moved forward for your friend and she was able to cope better than she thought she would in the end!
  • Options
    no shes still having contractions and still 2cm dilated! she was due yesterday and was at midwife and she said she would just have to wai they couldnt do anything will either waters went or contractions were more regular! pain in the butt lol x