Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO anyone wanting vbac/wbac/hbac!

Me and OH are starting to think about baby number 2 some time next year and i've been starting to look at my options after my c-section. I know i want to have a vbac and idealy use water as pain relief. At first, when i googled, i came across lots of forum posts with lots of women saying they had been told by midwives/consultants that they have no chance of the birth they want. Then i came across this page and it really empowered me to stay firm on the birth i want and armed with facts i intend to take things as far as possible to get the birth i want.

Thought some of you might feel abit more confident in asking for what you want and might feel abit better about the safety of a vbac after having a little read...

http://www.caesarean.org.uk/Articles.html#VBAC

xx

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for this! I also had a csec with my first (16 months now) and am thinking about ttc my second. I haven't yet decided on whether I want a vbac but one thing that had put me off is how restrictive people had made it sound (wether true or not!!). I hated the idea of being 'strapped' down to the bed so this is great info!! Maybe I can get that water birth i'd originally planned after all!!

• Options
    Thanks for posting the link, the more information the better!
  • Options

Hi Ladies, Just joined this morning expecting baby number 2 in April. Your post popped up on Google Lady 2188 while I was looking up VBAC and Just wanted to share some info as I hope to be a VBAC Mom. On my first I registered for a Home Birth and I employed a community Midwife. Just to note guys not a tree hugger here just wanted to labour at home in peace with no drama and I have nothing against hospitals. In fact I transferred to Holles Street in the end as my little one turned while I was in the pool at home and he was going no where so we had to but there was still no drama and I felt safe the whole time. In fairness to Holles Street they knew I was a Home Birth transfer and they gave me the option to go natural but given his position it meant the birth would have been all artillery out so I made the call to go with the Section. As a result I am not allowed to employ a Community midwife again as the HSE deem me too high risk despite all the evidence to the contrary and reading the stats for 2nd time Moms it leaves me with such a bad taste in my mouth. From someone who somewhat did both last time hospital/private midwife the care I received from my Midwife throughout my pregnancy and labour was just fantastic, no waiting in hospitals, one on one care in my home and one on one post natal care,  she was with me my entire labour and it was a very special experience, even if you never wanted to go the whole way at home being able to labour at home until near the end with someone you knew and trusted was just indescribable and now to have that right taken away because I had a section last time is heart breaking. However there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is an organisation that will do it. I won't post advertising here as per rules but if you Google you will find them. I have started the process with them and am happy to share my experience if it is allowed maybe the moderator might let me know. Best of luck to all you mums who want to deliver naturally after a CSection.