Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

mucus plug

Pretty certain I just lost my mucus plug.Don't remember noticing this with my first.I'm only 33+5 so hoping that doesn't mean labour is just round the corner but does anyone have any idea what sort of timeframe that puts me in? I have had a lot of painful braxton hicks over last few weeks,more often each week, (not regular,not increasing in intensity)midwife told me on phone that sounds like I have irritable uterus,also have lots of sharp twinges in cervix. Anyone experienced this with second pregnancy?Baby much lower than first so wondering if it's just down to position? Not panicking im in labour or anything just wondering if anyone thought this is a sign of preterm labour or if i could still make it to term? x

Replies

• Options
    I had the same with my second , had my show at 35 weeks & niggly pains i was convinced she would be early but she wasn't born until 9 days over my due date !! My midwife wasn't bothered & said it could happen again & it did 4 days before she was born .... Hope this helps best of luck image xxx
  • Options
    Oh good,that's a relief to hear!Thankyou!