Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should i be worried?

I am 33 weeks today with my second DD, over the past 3 days i've had an awful lot of pressure down below and in my back, sometimes when i'm walking it hurts and feels like she is going to fall out, also i feel like my bits have slightly swelled!?

At 4am i woke up crying because of having a bad dream, i then needed to go wee and as soon as i got out of bed and stood up i was greeted with bad tummy and back pain, like cramping and felt just unwell. I went to the toilet and got back into bed but was awake for a while due to the pains.

I am still having the pains now and had a few BH, i'm having a lot of discharge also, its not waters but it is watery, like i can feel it come out (sorry tmi), i'm feeling very sicky, dizzy and having hot flashes. Is this normal or should i be worried?

at 27+6 i had to go into L&D as i lost a big chunk of my plug and started having a lot of cramping and tightenings, i was monitored but they tailed off on their own and i was told just to monitor things. Since then i've had a few episodes of cramping on and off.

I've just been put back under consultant care due to bad anaemia since 28 weeks that isn't improving with oral tablets as i'm unable to tolerate taking just 1 and they need me to take 3 a day, they changed me onto ferrous fumarate and i'm taking 1 a day, but they are still making me feel ill, if there is no improvement in my iron levels in 2 weeks then they have said i will need an iron transfusion. She told me that baby is head down and resting on the brim of my pelvis, so i'm guessing she is getting ready to start engaging?

I see my midwife this afternoon so will get her to check me over. But should i be worried about going into pre term labour or does all this sound normal?

Emma 33+0 with DD 2

Replies

• Options

Go to the doctor if you are worried and in pain. At the end of the day, if it turns out to be nothing then you have nothing to worry about. But if it is something then they can look into it for you and refer you to the maternity assessment unit or labour ward...

Please go and get checked out...

• Options
    Hey, how did things work out for you? I hope all is well