Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding.... please help

Hi everyone. I had a c section on 01/02/13. Had bout 2 weeks of bleeding, quite light then faded off. Nothing since until now, last two days have had floods of blood and clots. I can feel it coming and its just like a flood of it, leaks through my clothes so have to keep changing. Got up to feed baby last night, had to change pad three times and clothes once in the space of an hour. But then nothing til I got up 3/4 hours later when it flooded through to clothes again. Then again, about 2 hours later and its flooded through to clothes again? Is this just my first period and its extra heavy especially as only had light bleeding after section? Please help, don't want to waste doctors time just to be told its just a heavy period lol. Thanks

Replies

• Options

Hiya,

I didn't have a section but I had a similar thing with my bleeding.  It tailed off and had practically stopped, then for no reason started up again really heavy with clots.  It turned out I had some retained placenta pieces which the drs then removed.  I'm not saying this is what you have but you should definitely get checked just in case, if nothing else it will give you peace of mind.

X

• Options
    How big were the clots you had? And wass your bleeding constant?
  • Options

The clots were between 10 pence to 50 pence in size so not ever so big but there were lots everytime I wiped.  Yeah the bleeding was fairly constant. X

• Options

Hi Prettyrose, just wondered how you were doing? X