Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

VBAC2?

Has anyone managed a VBAC2? I had my first section in 2010 EMCS for failure to progress, with zero problems with me or baby, just didnt move past 5cm for 2 days!  Second planned CS 2012 due to gestational diabetes and they thought it was a big baby (he wasnt, 8lb6) and consultant wouldnt induce on a previous CS.

I'm due again Mar 2014 and would really like to try for a VBAC2.  This will be my last baby, and while I've no great desire to push a person out my vajayjay, I would *love* to not have the months of recovery afterwards, and also think it would really help to have one last try at successful BF past a few weeks!

My MW said theres no reason I wouldnt be allowed to try, and my consultant should be ok with it (he was fine with initially going for VBAC with no.2 until the GD came into play at 22wks).  I'm happy for the monitoring etc, and obviously wouldnt go against medical advice - my desire for a VBAC does not outweigh my desire for a healthy baby! image

Has anyone managed it? x

Replies

• Options

hey, i havent managed a vbac but im booked in for my third section on thursday.  My hospital were really wanting me to try for a vbac even after 2 previous sections so i dont see any reason why u wouldnt be able to try/ be success.  

if its something you want to do they id go for it x